Samsung Galaxy S6 What exactly is Cell Standby in battery usage stats?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you up connecting to a 5 GHz network or 2.4?

I tested last night and got very light drain (1.1% an hour) by simply just switching to my 2.4 GHz network versus my 5 GHz network at home. I even kept wifi calling on.

Attachments

• 1429111943181.jpg
    1429111943181.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 1429111949413.jpg
    1429111949413.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 48

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday via Twitter Samsung support told me to restart my phone in safe mode & leave it like that for 2 hours...which basically removes all 3rd party apps. While in safe mode the battery drain stopped. I restarted in normal mode and the drain started again...just looking at Twitter last night for about 25 minutes the battery dropped like 8%. I went to bed with like 25% battery left, I expected my phone to be dead this morning but it was at 21%. I just checked my stats...cell standby is at 34% (21%yesterday), Android system is at 23% (yesterday 14%) . I really like the phone but can accept this type of battery life / drain.

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
They better come out with an update quick because my 14 days is coming quick and an iphone will be in my future if this crap continues!

Seannellis

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
This is still an issue as of april 20th for me, the samsung push update did nothing to help and as of now my cell standby is at 51% while the next highest battery usage is android system at 14% and the screen is at 6%. This is ridiculous that a brand new phone has such a huge problem. Ive seen people on forums saying they called samsung support where they were told it was a known problem, however when i called i was told it wasnt known. Im almost positive this was an issue they knew about before the release but couldnt fix in time and rather than miss the release date they sold the phones anyway and threw in a fast charger to try and balance out the enormous cell standby drain. Im gonna wait a few days or so and hope theres a fix but im already looking at the iphone 6 to replace this galaxy s6 with a birth defect.

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
This is still an issue as of april 20th for me, the samsung push update did nothing to help and as of now my cell standby is at 51% while the next highest battery usage is android system at 14% and the screen is at 6%. This is ridiculous that a brand new phone has such a huge problem. Ive seen people on forums saying they called samsung support where they were told it was a known problem, however when i called i was told it wasnt known. Im almost positive this was an issue they knew about before the release but couldnt fix in time and rather than miss the release date they sold the phones anyway and threw in a fast charger to try and balance out the enormous cell standby drain. Im gonna wait a few days or so and hope theres a fix but im already looking at the iphone 6 to replace this galaxy s6 with a birth defect.

I feel your pain! The battery issue hasn't been as bad lately for me. My big problem now is bluetooth not maintaining connection to my devices. I'm swapping out to another S6 tomorrow. I hope the bluetooth crap is just my phone and not another Lollipop bug. If I still have issues with the new phone I'll likely get an iPhone 6+

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I feel your pain! The battery issue hasn't been as bad lately for me. My big problem now is bluetooth not maintaining connection to my devices. I'm swapping out to another S6 tomorrow. I hope the bluetooth crap is just my phone and not another Lollipop bug. If I still have issues with the new phone I'll likely get an iPhone 6+

Hopefully your problems will be solved. I had a bad battery, exchanged my phone and now my battery life is comparable to my S5...no complaints with the battery now.

Deb Myrick

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: What exactly is Cell Standby in battery usage stats?

I find it bizarre also. Mu husband and I bought phones the same day. Mine drains and his doesn't!

rajincajungirl

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: What exactly is Cell Standby in battery usage stats?

My phone drains horribly. I doesn't show Cell Standby at all. It was just 100% and after a 10 minute phone call, 3 texts, and an app upgrade, it's at 85%. Wish I wasn't past the 14 day mark, I'd be running back to iPhone!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol