Why can't I access the Internet while on a call on my Verizon Galaxy S6?

A

AC Question

why can't I access Internet while on a call on verizon Galaxy S6

Won't let me do anything that requires data while on the phone. Not even check the weather

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: why can't I access Internet while on a call on verizon Galaxy S6

You must have "Advanced calling" enabled on your account (basically VoLTE) or you won't be able to use data / voice at the same time.

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

I'm on the phone with verizon tech support right now. Advanced calling will not work on my new s6. They tried turning it on and it shut down all my calls in & out! Been about an hour now...

billyj32

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site

your phone is on global thats why had the same problem go to settings ,mobile networks,network mode, change to LTE/CDMA ..

billyj32

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site

your phone is on global thats why had the same problem go to settings ,mobile networks,network mode, change to LTE/CDMA ..

briez

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

Won't let me do anything that requires data while on the phone. Not even check the weather

Turn on advanced/HD calling!! Then it works. I was really getting tired of not being able to use GPS if I was on the phone. Now I can!!

chabtab

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
i just upgraded to the galaxy s6 from an s5. i was not aware that i needed to add anything additional in order to use data and make a call at the same time as this was not the case with my last phone. does anyone know if there is an additional fee to add this feature?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
i just upgraded to the galaxy s6 from an s5. i was not aware that i needed to add anything additional in order to use data and make a call at the same time as this was not the case with my last phone. does anyone know if there is an additional fee to add this feature?

Nope - It costs $0.00 a month :).

ZygyK

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

So we can't use the phone in Global mode anymore? That's not right if that's the case. What happens when I switch back to global or GSM will it block all calls again? What if you need to use your phone internationally........this is bad Verizon!!!

tmenoles

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site

Thanks Zygyk it worked!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My phone is already set to the lte/cdma and it still won't let me access phone & internet at the same time :(

You have to add "Advanced Calling" to your plan (if you're on Verizon). If you're on Sprint you unfortunately can't do anything.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You can't it's the same as Sprint. It worked up to the Samsung S4. With Sprint and Verizon you can't access data while talking period, with T Mobile and AT&T you can. I am willing to accept this with Sprint because it's $60.00 a month unlimited everything but at high price of Verizon it's unacceptable. Most of the technical support people don't even know this and when they speak to someone who verifies it to be true they seemed shocked.

See Quoted Text:

"The only way Verizon and Sprint can offer simultaneous voice/data capability is via Wi-Fi—a connection that's hardly easy to obtain or maintain when you're on the move. Absent of having a Wi-Fi connection, Verizon and Sprint Samsung S6 Phone users will receive a message that reads "Cellular data connections are not available during this call" when they try to launch the Web browser—or any Internet-based app like Facebook or Twitter during a call."

Last edited:

Ariane Simpson

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

I'm on the phone with verizon tech support right now. Advanced calling will not work on my new s6. They tried turning it on and it shut down all my calls in & out! Been about an hour now...
I added the advanced calling 1.0 and my phone and my parents phones weren't able if get calls or make them! I called support and they had to turn it off! My mom's and my phones are the galaxy note 5 and my dads phone is the galaxy s5!
Its stupid that we don't have this feature with these phones but did with our galaxy s4!
Took me 4 hours to be able to get calls and make calls again. New phones should have the feature of using whatever while on a call!

Shadowfalx

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

I added the advanced calling 1.0 and my phone and my parents phones weren't able if get calls or make them! I called support and they had to turn it off! My mom's and my phones are the galaxy note 5 and my dads phone is the galaxy s5!
Its stupid that we don't have this feature with these phones but did with our galaxy s4!
Took me 4 hours to be able to get calls and make calls again. New phones should have the feature of using whatever while on a call!
Did you check to see if your phone is in global mode?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Missy90301

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

THANKS, This worked for me.. now if I could just find out why; my phone won't connect using my USB in my car? Then I'll be golden.. :)

I should try it now that I am on voLTE.. THOUGHTS?

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
You can't it's the same as Sprint. It worked up to the Samsung S4. With Sprint and Verizon you can't access data while talking period, with T Mobile and AT&T you can. I am willing to accept this with Sprint because it's $60.00 a month unlimited everything but at high price of Verizon it's unacceptable. Most of the technical support people don't even know this and when they speak to someone who verifies it to be true they seemed shocked.

See Quoted Text:

"The only way Verizon and Sprint can offer simultaneous voice/data capability is via Wi-Fi—a connection that's hardly easy to obtain or maintain when you're on the move. Absent of having a Wi-Fi connection, Verizon and Sprint Samsung S6 Phone users will receive a message that reads "Cellular data connections are not available during this call" when they try to launch the Web browser—or any Internet-based app like Facebook or Twitter during a call."

This is just untrue. If you'd ever used Verizon, you'd know that. With Verizon, you may use the interweb via mobile data network while also making a phone call, provided your phone and/or settings are setup for it.

Jedi215

May 31, 2013
Visit site
What in the world is that reply? I have a VZ note 5 and tried both with no luck but forgot I switched phone to global. After changing it to cdma/LTE, all is good. Also, I have advance calling. :)

Robin Campbell

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes you can talk and surf with Verizon. Galaxy 6 has a feature called Advanced Calling in your settings. Not all of Verizon phones have that feature but the Galaxy 6 and some HTC's and LG's have the feature go to a Verizon store and they can help you. And you can talk and surf on wifi with any of their phones if you have wifi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance