Samsung Galaxy S6 samsung Qi wireless charging pad

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Question: when the phone reaches full charge, does the charger turn off, allowing the phone to run down because it's no longer charging? The old square model did.

BTW, Samsung is sold out of the black one.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung Qi wireless charging pad

As far as I know, there is a green LED that shows it's charged but I don't believe that it would do that. It appears that as long as it's on the pad, the charge stays at 100%.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlGCFM7qa94
As far as I know, there is a green LED that shows it's charged but I don't believe that it would do that. It appears that as long as it's on the pad, the charge stays at 100%.

Does the blue glow from the pad ever change color or turn off?

Never mind, I got my own answer from this video:

Last edited:

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Question: when the phone reaches full charge, does the charger turn off, allowing the phone to run down because it's no longer charging? The old square model did.

BTW, Samsung is sold out of the black one.

I have two of the older (grey rectangular) models, one on my nightstand and one in my office at work. And I have one if the new black circular ones in my living room. I use the older models with my old s4 and would always wake up to 100%. As far as I know the battery stops charging when it gets full, but it doesnt drain. My s6 does the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

When the battery on my S6 reaches 100% level, the light on the charger turns green and the charging stops. But after several minutes, the charger starts flashing blue as the phone keeps discharging. The charging doesn't start again, unless I reseat the phone on the charger.
Does anyone have the same experience?

cd419

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

When the battery on my S6 reaches 100% level, the light on the charger turns green and the charging stops. But after several minutes, the charger starts flashing blue as the phone keeps discharging. The charging doesn't start again, unless I reseat the phone on the charger.
Does anyone have the same experience?

I'm having this exact same problem! Haven't seen a solution yet.

sraatc17

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Tested the new charger out this morning. Took my phone off of the old pad, used it for about 5 minutes to let the battery drain down to 98%, then put it on the new pad (black circular one) and left it there. When the phone was at 100% both led's (the phones and the one on the under side of the charger) both turned green and stayed that way. When I took the phone off about a half hour later it was still at 100%.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Yes, charging on the samsung wireless (round) pad goes to 100% but only seems to maintain it there for a short time. By morning the phone is at 93 and the charger is off.

Strangely my Duracell Powermat does not do this. Fills to 100 and then maintains. Its at 100 every morning. So the problem is in the Samsung charger, not the phone.

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

Yes, charging on the samsung wireless (round) pad goes to 100% but only seems to maintain it there for a short time. By morning the phone is at 93 and the charger is off.

Strangely my Duracell Powermat does not do this. Fills to 100 and then maintains. Its at 100 every morning. So the problem is in the Samsung charger, not the phone.

And this is with the S6?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

I've had mixed results with my charging pad. I've had 1 or 2 nights where my charging pad was off by the time i woke up and phone was down a couple percentage. However most nights i wake up with my LED on my phone green and the LED on the charging pad green and my phone is sitting at 100%.

I think it has a lot to do with the placement of the phone. Which I've also noticed can be rather touchy and sometimes its not an instant placement and i have to wiggle it around to find the "spot" to charge it.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

On a related but separate note regarding the wireless charger, I am currently using the plug and the wire that came with it to charge my old S3 and holy smokes is it fast. Went from 20-75% in less than 30 minutes.

Is this plug\wire the same as the quick charge adapter that comes with the S6? Also didnt realize my S3 was fast charge capable!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just a question as this is the first wireless charging pad that I have used. I usually turn off my phone at night to charge. It should reach full charge and stay until I turn it on in the morning? Right now, I use it during the late evening as needed.

Gene Soo

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I won't repeat my detailed posting but if you want the long story check out my post on the thread "Wireless Charging Issues (S6 Edge + New Charger)". Short story is it is working as designed. Confirmed by Samsung Support. it was speculated by others that the design is a problem. In my opinion that is spot on. Like others, I will be returning my Samsung Mini Wireless Charging pad(current square version available and Best Buy, Local Sprint Stores, and probably every other major Cell Provider Stores) in deference to one of the alternative Pads that others have said doesn't have this problem.