Caller name ID battery consumption seems high and cannot delete it either

lpmeegan

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed in my battery consumption usage chart that the "Verizon caller name ID" consumption is about 13% even after I force stopped it and turned it off. I don't understand why it is still showing as using the battery as I turned it off already? But on top of that I cannot delete the app from my phone either. Anyone have any knowledge on this?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
When you say you turned it off, did you just stop it? Or did you select 'disable app'. If you disable the app, it should not keep using up resources....

And yes, that app is notorious. Back when I was on VZW, that app was one of the first things I removed from my phone. It is a system app, so you would need to be rooted in order to remove it. But disabling it SHOULD at least stop it from doing more to your battery usage.

lpmeegan

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
How do I tell exactly what apps are currently running on my cell phone? In the battery usage area, it says "usage since last fully charged", so what you suggested may have actually worked but I'm not sure where to check.

The funny thing is that the resources have gone up since I disabled the app so I'm not sure what is going on here. It appears as if I cannot even truly disable or delete this app. There has to be a way!

Last edited:

lpmeegan

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
So what you suggested did disable the app. I still cannot delete or remove it from my cell phone but that I can live with. Thanks...

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So what you suggested did disable the app. I still cannot delete or remove it from my cell phone but that I can live with. Thanks...

You won't be able to, that is unless you root your phone and forcibly remove it. They often stuff these apps in the system partition, which users don't have full access. But if its disabled, it should be stuffed away, in some dark place, never to be heard from again (meaning any system services it also loaded will be turned off as well)

jerryrip

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The same thing is happening with my phone. This app just started using up battery power recently. I have tried and tried to stop this thing from running, but nothing seems to work. I've manually stopped it, disabled it, wiped the data and cache from the program and restarted the phone several times. It still shows up in my battery usage list as using 26% battery power! What else can I do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze