Opening Notifications from the Lock Screen

richv77

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there some way to open a notification that appears on the lock screen without unlocking the phone first?
Now I have to unlock the phone (via fingerprint) and then swipe down the Notifications window.

I can do this on my Nexus 7 which is also running Lollipop.

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there some way to open a notification that appears on the lock screen without unlocking the phone first?
Now I have to unlock the phone (via fingerprint) and then swipe down the Notifications window.

-Rich

Swipe down. It will open up.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

dakalter69

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Tap on the notification on the lockscreen then touch the fingerprint scanner and it will unlock to the notification.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

-Rich

Also tried holding down and a slight swipe down with multiple notifications.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

anon(4936081)

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I also found this feature frustrating coming from a Nexus 5 where a double tap opens the notification. Why the heck did they do a way with the double tap for a tap and swipe. Not intuitive at all.

I got fed up and turned off the Samsung lock screen and installed Hi Locker. This lock screen gives you way more options. Unlock with swipe up like lollipop, double tap or swipe Right to open a notification, swipe left to dismiss but not unlock. Still have the phone and camera shortcuts. Much happier with this unlock screen.

Turtle3

Felix Brennan-Bohm

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
I have a Google pixel 2 XL (oreo 8.1) and can't open to a notification from the lock screen either.

Only if I double Tapp a notification a d put in my pin - can't seem to do it with the fingerprint reader.

Any ideas guys?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995