Estimated Usage Time Remaining (Battery)

rheylew

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I've seen quite a few screenshots where people's battery were saying 21 hours for estimated usage time remaining at 100%, and some have been getting 2 days of use, even if it's minimal. My question is how is that even possible, when after a full charge to 100%, my estimated usage time remaining is only 10 hours?? This is my 2nd S6 as the first one had a camera problem, but both only estimate 10 hours when full. Also this was before and after the Tmobile software update, turning off bluetooth/WiFi/Volte/Download Booster - I tried every single combination, even did a factory reset on my 2nd S6 after the Tmobile update..

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot_2015-04-13-12-33-33.jpgScreenshot_2015-04-11-14-32-40.jpg

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I used to notice very long standby times on my LG G3 after a full charge. On one occasion it stated something well over 1,000 hours....worked it out as 42 days. :)

But that's if you do basically nothing with the phone, and if the phone itself is doing basically nothing on standby. There will be background things going in, although you have some control over those in your phone settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

rheylew

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
My rear camera was fine, it was my front camera. All pics came out blurry, almost like there was a smudge on the lens underneath the glass, perhaps causing issues with focusing. Funny thing I took it to the Tmobile store and showed the guy and then took a selfie with their demo unit (S6 Edge) and he tried to tell me the demo unit took sharper photos because it's the Edge variant and not the normal S6 :-X - where do they find these people..

rheylew

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Check this out though...19 hours estimated at 93% - something ain't adding up

Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Ultra-Power-saving-mode-e1428611548386-640x386.jpg
Google Samsung Galaxy S6 review on Phandroid as it won't let me post the link..

rheylew

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Also a tip, as fast and smooth as this phone is out the box, changing the animations to 0.5 makes it even snappier, and using Nova Launcher instead of Touchwiz makes it even more snappier! Granted Touchwiz is the best Touchwiz to date, but Nova Launcher just has way more practical customizations and looks maturer than the cartoon-like icons of Touchwiz, plus you still get to keep all the Touchwiz features..I would also say it's helping my battery performance..slightly

rheylew

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
So that estimated time remaining is crap..unless I'm not understanding something..I got very good battery performance today on 1 charge..
Screenshot_2015-04-17-21-00-49.jpg

rheylew

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Still doing good with battery performance..from 9am to now 77% with normal phone usage. (still not sure how some estimated times are higher though..) Also anyone know what that 2nd icon is at the top in the tray?
Screenshot_2015-04-20-14-20-27.jpg

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As you can see from the graphs in the various posts, usage at any immediate spot is different from usage at some other spot. If you're not using much current at the moment, your estimated time left - based on the current you're using at the moment - will be long. If you have a few apps running in the background, your estimated time will be lower. Since we don't always use our phones the same way for an entire charge cycle, the estimated time left isn't only useless, it's nonsense. Charge the phone, make sure that there's nothing running in the background, then unplug the charger. You should have over a day left. Then watch a movie while you're downloading a file, using a Bluetooth headset, with the screen turned up all the way, and watch the battery die in 4 hours.

The manufacturers don't just have to do something to sell phones, they have to be seen doing something, like politicians. And, like politicians, whether what they're seen doing actually accomplishes anything (or even makes things worse), as long as they're seen doing something, they'll make money (from selling phones or to get re-elected). Some of the stuff in our phones is "to be seen", but not really very useful. A large "Never let the battery drop below 40%" on the front of the box would be more useful than most of the battery information we can get from the stock apps.

Ayman Fattah

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Before 2 weeks ago, My GS6 Edge can handle 24H , but these days it says just 15H in full charge .. 8hours it's gone !! and i'm so confused what's is wrong with it !!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2