Why did my BT file transfer through Windows just stopped working?

thcltd

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
BT file transfer through Windows just stopped working

Yesterday my bluetooth file transfer to my laptop stopped working all of a sudden. It was working fine before that. The bluetooth connects to the laptop and I can use it for audio/mic and to transfer files through the bluetooth device screen in Windows but it doesn't act like a drive anymore. When I look at it in Windows devices it says "disconnected". I tried removing the device and all the bluetooth and Samsung drivers and reinstalling them. I tried it with the current Samsung drivers and also with the 1.4.6.0 drivers. Neither worked. I also tried downloading Windows Mobile Device center, even though I'm sure that was not needed since I am using Windows 7. That didn't work either. There are two drivers for Bluetooth Peripheral Device that aren't finding drivers but I dont know if that's the issue since I think they never found drivers and the BT transfer still worked properly. Any advice would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: BT file transfer through Windows just stopped working

Welcome to Android Central! When you say you removed the device, you mean you removed it from the saved Bluetooth device list, right?

Did you try wiping the cache partition of the phone? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095

I know this isn't what you're asking, but there are some good wi-fi file transfer solutions as well, like AirDroid and Wifi File Explorer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane