Galaxy S6 Wi-Fi and battery issues?

bigj954

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So I got a Verizon branded Galaxy S6 on launch day from the corporate store. On that day the battery started getting warm to hot a lot so I went back to the corporate store and talked to the same guy and he said that it was not warm or hot and did nothing for me. So from that day I been seeing it get warm to hot a handful of times and I even asked other people if it was like that to make sure I was not going crazy and they all said yes. Then on top of that I started seeing the battery drain very quickly when I was using it or on standby(with everything closed out). Then through out the the day I have to charge it a few times because for example if I take it off the charger at 100% 3-4 hours later I would need to charge it again.

Then with the Wi-Fi what is going is I have my mobile data off and I'm on my 5GHz 120MB home privet network and everything is not loading at all and apps like Chrome, Facebook and Instagram(just to name a few, but everything that uses internet can't connect at all) all tell me that it can't connect to the internet. This has been going on since yesterday and has not worked since and when this happens it tells me my signal strength is very strong(866Mpbs). I just spoke to Verizon tech support today and they told me to go to the store even after I told them I did like I said before, so with this being said I want to know if any one else is having these issues or it is only me? I herd the Note 3 & 4 on 5.0 is having the same battery issues, but I haven't herd anything about the S6 being part of that. Also, what should/can I do to fix theses issues(if anything can even be done) or what advice can you give me regarding this?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have one, but I've been reading that there's a 5GHz Wifi issue with the phone, eating a lot of battery fast. Change your router to 2.4GHz only and see if that helps. (I have the Note 3, and my wife's is on 5.0 [I wouldn't touch Lollipop if they gave me free service], but the router's 2.4GHz, so She hasn't seen any problem.)

bigj954

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't have one, but I've been reading that there's a 5GHz Wifi issue with the phone, eating a lot of battery fast. Change your router to 2.4GHz only and see if that helps. (I have the Note 3, and my wife's is on 5.0 [I wouldn't touch Lollipop if they gave me free service], but the router's 2.4GHz, so She hasn't seen any problem.)

I have the Comcast Xfinity Wi-Fi box and it has the 2.4 GHz built in as well so I connected to that network and it's still doing the same thing. Then I went to a friends house and connected to his private network and it still did the same thing for his network, I think my Wi-Fi completely doesn't work anymore on the phone already only after 6 days -_- . Let's just hope its a software issue and they roll out an update quick to fix it, and the same with the battery maybe its something software wise they can do to fix it instead of having to replace the battery or get a new device because of the device having the battery internal now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol