Do Not Disturb won't turn off on schedule?

Jane Paul

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I want to use do not disturb with a schedule. I had blocking on with my S5 and it would start blocking at bedtime and turn itself back off in the morning. Do not disturb sounds like it should do the same thing, and it does turn on at night, but it will not shut itself off the next morning. It definitely keeps blocking calls. Is there any solution, besides the next software update (I hope)?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Before you do anything, how about restarting your phone. Mine works, so this might help. If now get back to us and maybe someone can figure it out.

Posted via the Android Central App

nancya25

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. It was working fine, then one day just stopped turning off on schedule. I have restarted the phone. No change.

KnittingFits

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact same thing. I've rebooted and cleared the partition cache.
It never turned on last night, so we were rudely woken up at 5am by a TM from UPS saying that I would be receiving a package today. :-(
I checked the settings and SOMEHOW Scheduling was unchecked.....which is strange!
So I turned Scheduling back on and set it to go off at 7:30. 7:30 came and went and the Alert Screen (the one you see before you unlock your phone) showed the time DND and the time that it was when I set it.
I just did it again......setting it to turn off at 7:45am. The set time and and went and nothing happened.
It almost seems like the DND is not updating the time internally.
And help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
.Screenshot_2015-07-29-07-53-23.jpg

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
all the bugs happening with this phone are so overbearing i swear its stressful if i knew this phone would be a hassle just 10days into buying it i wouldve just got an iphone or htc lol but anywho do not disturb i only believe is meant for canceling the alarm in order to continuously turn off any schedule alerts you have to manually go into the clock app or search it in the search bar to turn off the setting all completely unfortunately.

JustStan

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My problem is somewhat the opposite. I manually turn on Do Not Disturb with the "Until you turn this off" option. But somehow it ends up turning itself off at some point, so I end up interrupting a meeting. It's annoying.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
all the bugs happening with this phone are so overbearing i swear its stressful if i knew this phone would be a hassle just 10days into buying it i wouldve just got an iphone or htc lol but anywho do not disturb i only believe is meant for canceling the alarm in order to continuously turn off any schedule alerts you have to manually go into the clock app or search it in the search bar to turn off the setting all completely unfortunately.

I want to use do not disturb with a schedule. I had blocking on with my S5 and it would start blocking at bedtime and turn itself back off in the morning. Do not disturb sounds like it should do the same thing, and it does turn on at night, but it will not shut itself off the next morning. It definitely keeps blocking calls. Is there any solution, besides the next software update (I hope)?

I have the same problem. It was working fine, then one day just stopped turning off on schedule. I have restarted the phone. No change.

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I've rebooted and cleared the partition cache.
It never turned on last night, so we were rudely woken up at 5am by a TM from UPS saying that I would be receiving a package today. :-(
I checked the settings and SOMEHOW Scheduling was unchecked.....which is strange!
So I turned Scheduling back on and set it to go off at 7:30. 7:30 came and went and the Alert Screen (the one you see before you unlock your phone) showed the time DND and the time that it was when I set it.
I just did it again......setting it to turn off at 7:45am. The set time and and went and nothing happened.
It almost seems like the DND is not updating the time internally.
And help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
.View attachment 189138
What carriers are yall on?

Lolken21

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I am still having this issue... I'm on Googles Project Fi, With a google nexus 6P. It never turns itself off.. even when i turn it on and tell it to only stay on for an hour .. it doesn't auto shut off. Any other Ideas ? clearing the app cache didn't work.

TheRealGarreth

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
Firstly, sorry for reopening this old thread butttt
Dagg nammit my tooting Moto G 5 plus with android 7 has just started ignoring it's scheduled priority time. And I'm pretty sure it's (crashed and) rebooted itself since it started exhibiting this bonus feature. Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this/solve it?

Edie85635

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I am having this problem now also. (Galaxy s4, don't laugh, it's a workhorse)

Have always been able to use DND previously.
I have my schedule set up to start at 9pm and end 7am, excluding favorite contacts.
It is ALWAYS on.
I use 24 hour time and in settings it it a 12 hour time. Could this be messing thi up somehow?

cartoonvillain

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, but only for one of the schedule rules, oddly. I found this idea on Reddit:

Settings -> Apps -> Settings -> Special Access -> Do Not Disturb access: turn on Google App's access

Just applied the setting change, myself. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87