GS6 and Tasker

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with Tasker on the GS6?

I set my phone up tonight and imported my profiles and tasks. The notification bar shows the active profiles - at least one of which is not working correctly.

I have a Do Not Disturb profile and task (Wifi Near > AC Charging > between 10:00 and 5:00 that only allows specific contacts to call and notifications to be silenced. It's not working. My phone has been buzzing and beeping for the past half hour due to a large group message I was included on.

I've powered the phone off and on but the profile is still not triggering correctly. Using built-in DND for now.

Thanks

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I noticed issues with tasks referencing "Silent Mode". On my old M7 the options for it were "off", "on", & "vibrate". With the S6, "on" isn't an option any longer.

I haven't researched it any further, but that's been my limited experience so far.

Posted via the Android Central App

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I noticed issues with tasks referencing "Silent Mode". On my old M7 the options for it were "off", "on", & "vibrate". With the S6, "on" isn't an option any longer.

I haven't researched it any further, but that's been my limited experience so far.

It's in tasker. Select silent mode then there is a pull-down for the three modes on the s6.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
It's in tasker. Select silent mode then there is a pull-down for the three modes on the s6.

It's not for the S6 on AT&T from what I can tell. The only options that appear for the silent mode dropdown in Tasker for me are "Off" and "Vibrate". (FYI - this may have something to do with it: http://gadgetguideonline.com/galaxy...how-to-silence-samsung-galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge/)

Looks like I'll have to find some workaround for toggling "silent mode".

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I just double checked mine in tasker and you are correct. But because we see Off and Vibrate doesn't it assume that it is in the On mode? making it three?
It's not for the S6 on AT&T from what I can tell. The only options that appear for the silent mode dropdown in Tasker for me are "Off" and "Vibrate". (FYI - this may have something to do with it: How to silence Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge? - Galaxy S6 Guide)

Looks like I'll have to find some workaround for toggling "silent mode".

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I just double checked mine in tasker and you are correct. But because we see Off and Vibrate doesn't it assume that it is in the On mode? making it three?

It's possible but 1) it didn't used to, and 2) I think I read in the link I posted that the %SILENT variable now essentially reads "vibrate" or "not vibrate" based on the option selected.

It's a bit confusing to me, so for now my silence tasks/profiles are disabled until things get clearer.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
My fix for the Vibrate or Off choice was to have Tasker take the volumes down to 0 and then have it increase to normal when one of the allowed contacts calls. Notifications remain at zero but if my wife or kids call the phone will ring.

To fix my initial issue, I had to rebuild the task.

Now, if I could just get root so some of my other profiles would work things would be excellent.

simonharmel

May 10, 2015
Visit site
A workaround is available...this forum won't let me post the link, but if you google all of the following, you'll get the page on google groups that has a solution:

"No Silent Mode on Galaxy S6" AudioManager getSystemService Function:setRingerMode Tasker Silent Mode

You'll find a method to call a Java function that will set the s6 to silent. It takes about 10 minutes to setup but does work.

Regards
Simon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11