Text Messages Disappearing

Joy Phoenix

May 13, 2015
Visit site
This is making me crazy, I watched 5 texts straight out vanish as I was reading them
When will this be fixed? I'm on the verge of taking my Edge back and trading it in for an iPhone

Johnhockey13

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I just started having this problem, decided to try Hangouts as my messaging app rather than the built in messenger app. Has anyone lost a message using another app? Hangouts does not back up to ATT so hoping it will help.

Lego Mann

May 14, 2015
Visit site
My S6 has been doing the same thing but I think I may have gotten it solved by simply turning off push messaging and turning off the delete old messages options.

Open your text, click on "more" > settings> more settings.

Since doing this I have had no further issues.

skipreid45

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I just got my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 yesterday. The first thing I did was turn off the "delete old messages" option and install Go sms pro. I have not
had a single message get deleted.

HelpforVZWs6

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I have had the s6 from verizon since 6/26/15. I havent had any major problems until yesterday when the phone prompted me to do a software update. Since doing so, some messages wont appear. Initially just pictures, now i can only have conversations if i reply from the pop up message (while in another app) - none of these messages are going into the message app/conversation. This is very troublesome.

I see a few of you here having ATT and able to disable sync settings, i do not have that option. I unticked the box regarding deleting old messages to see if that would fix it, as suggested. It did not fix the problem. Any suggestions or solutions? I am just outside of the return policy for the phone, so I must fix it or buy a new phone.

Thanks

Dani Feb

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
It's not a AT&T problem.
I'm not a US user.
My nexus 5 android Marshmallow has given this problem for a while this morning (after android M flash). I uninstalled Pushbullet and reboot. Now it works.

sarahskym14

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this has been posted before, I tried searching but didn't find anything.

My Galaxy S6 has been great except for one huge problem I've noticed. Random text messages disappear. And they don't just disappear inconspicuously.. they disappear AS I'M READING THEM.

I will get a message, open up the messaging app, start reading it, get halfway through it, and BAM, the message vanishes and it never comes back.

Restarting the phone doesn't bring it back, it's just gone.

Has anyone experienced this? Anyone know of a fix? Wtf is going on here. I know that some messages disappear because I SEE them disappear, but what gets me is how many messages have a missed that have been sent, and my phone just makes them vanish before I read or even notice them?

The same thing was happening to me. The issue is that there's this program called messaging backup and sync. This program is faulty, call at&t and they'll help you shut it off

dizzblnd

Aug 17, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue too. I have a Galaxy S7. But also, I would send a text message to only one person not a group text, for example of text message to my husband, again not a group text but his text thread will show up in somebody else's text thread. Or the text thread disappears completely. Makes me crazy! I don't have AT&T backup and restore enabled on my phone at all so I'm hoping for a different solution.

Afiamani

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
Also double check to make sure the date on your phone wasn't changed and that your device is synced to the correct date. I had the same problem except that the date on my phone somehow got changed and so the messages I received were being save to a convo in a previous date