Deleting a downloaded theme

double p

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know how to delete a downloaded theme? I downloaded one but didn't like it. I figure rather than let it take up space, I'd delete it if I can but I can't figure it out.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Anybody know how to delete a downloaded theme? I downloaded one but didn't like it. I figure rather than let it take up space, I'd delete it if I can but I can't figure it out.

Go to settings/theme, select the downloaded theme and tap delete on the top right corner

Bruce436

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
In themes go back to your default theme , then go back into themes and when you try to apply new theme you will be able to delete it

KirasNye13

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
What do I do if clicking to go back to the default theme makes it crash and give me the "Unfortunately, themes has stopped." Message?

It says the theme Yin Yang is still in use but it's not so it won't give me the option to delete it. It changes the background to the default theme but nothing else.

I've tried restarting my phone. I've tried the clearing cache of the apps. Clearing the cache by doing the whole up volume, power, home key while turned off.

I tried putting it into easy mode and the themes still give me that message.

I tried installing a new theme but it still crashes and says Yin Yang is in use.

EchoJon

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
What do I do if clicking to go back to the default theme makes it crash and give me the "Unfortunately, themes has stopped." Message?

I haven't seen this issue personally, but try this:

Go to Settings -> Applications -> Application Manager -> More -> Show System Apps.

Find "Themes" on the list, select it, select Storage, and Clear Cache.*

Go back, and select "Theme Store" -> Storage -> Clear Data. Press OK on the pop-up.*

Restart your phone.

Try to apply Default again to see if this fixes it.

If it still doesn't work, try this:

Go to Settings - Applications - Application Manager, scroll down and select Theme Store -> More -> Uninstall Updates. This will install the factory-default version of the Theme Store. Once this is done, access themes through Settings - Themes, which will bring you to your list of themes on your device, and try to apply Default from there.*

If none of this works, you'll have to reach out to Samsung for help. Direct Samsung theme support can be found by going to Theme Store - More - Settings - Help - Contact Us.

*Doing these steps may remove the Theme Store shortcut on your home screen and/or App list. You can re-add it by going to Settings - Themes - More Themes - More - Settings - "Add the Theme Store icon to your app list and Home screen".

Galaxys6YO

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

It says the theme Yin Yang is still in use but it's not so it won't give me the option to delete it. It changes the background to the default theme but nothing else.

I've tried restarting my phone. I've tried the clearing cache of the apps. Clearing the cache by doing the whole up volume, power, home key while turned off.

I tried putting it into easy mode and the themes still give me that message.

I tried installing a new theme but it still crashes and says Yin Yang is in use.

Hello
I have the same problem as above and u tried the solutions provided after but it didn't help.

My problem started however, when i downloaded a theme and then while looking around in the files folder i think i accidentally deleted a file or more related to the app, while it was still installed.
So now i can't uninstall it. I can change theme but that one is always selected and it leaves some mark of it no matter what theme i use which is a bit annoying.

I don't know what to do :/

Elwood8311

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello
I have the same problem as above and u tried the solutions provided after but it didn't help.

My problem started however, when i downloaded a theme and then while looking around in the files folder i think i accidentally deleted a file or more related to the app, while it was still installed.
So now i can't uninstall it. I can change theme but that one is always selected and it leaves some mark of it no matter what theme i use which is a bit annoying.

I don't know what to do :/

Elwood8311

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I did the same thing on my note 5. the theme "simple grey". i accidently deleted some files but the theme still remains and still is checked on the box of the old theme even when i have a different theme that is applied to my phone. I cant delete the old theme and its really annoying ive tried everything but i talked to a person @ best buy samsung and they told me to flash it or whatever the terminology is. Which is to reinstall marshmallow and even that isnt a guarantee please help if you have found a solution. Thanks

Speed Rocks

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
hi,

it is like you have android 4.0.4, and u downloaded something that really doesn't support or may be apk file is downloaded on pc, may be tried to download paid version of app for free from blackmarket and something like that.

issue can be any one from this i am not blaming anyone here.

in my case i downloaded creamt klwp apk which really don't work on my 4.0.4 device technically.
i pressed install button and whooop it did install but didn't work, freezes, only white screen and my poor backward mobile hung up

finally i tried lots of way to uninstall it, it is there in application manager in setting but all the buttons like uninstall, clear cache, force stop were inaccessible,

nothing to tell u newbie but techie should understand what's the problem here, it's the device manager issue. yeah... i tried that and could uninstall that theme afterwords.

go to setting - sercurity - device administration - device administrators - "disable all i suggest".
(path given above may be differ for other device)

now try to uninstall so called theme or app that was keeping us away by pressing that damn uninstall button.

Cheers!!!

am i late in replying?
it's my first time on any medium like this, first reply, no post owned, just was looking for someone to help and found this, i bought a new phone today .. yaay...!!! samsung galaxy s duos s-gt7562(second hand though) - my first phone ever.

poor in english?
i did just pass 8th grade. working on tea-stall, self learned this on my boss's mobile when he is busy making tea. good boss of course.

and i think almost all of u got the solution....

life is amazing...!!!!

speed rocks, tea rocks !!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36