Why are my notifications inconsistent?

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Notifications inconsistent

I'm sure it's user error, but I'm not getting notified of texts or emails on a consistent basis. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I have the chirp set and to show up in the status bar for text and, and email notifications with no sound but want them to show up in the status bar. I've checked all the menus I know to check. I can't reproduce the problem. Even the same contact (e.g., text) will chirp sometimes, and sometimes not. Same with emails: I have four accounts and they all are inconsistent. So weird. Then I get the phone call about why I'm not answering an important text. Duhhh, I have no idea. I can hear them shaking their head over the phone. Especially annoying when it's an iPhone user and they tell me "Gosh. That never happens to me." Whatever:D

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Notifications inconsistent

As an experiment you could try Google Messenger or Hangouts for SMS/MMS to see if that changes the text notification behavior.

As for emails, each account has its own notifications/sound/vibrate settings. Make sure each one is set individually to how you want it.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Notifications inconsistent

As an experiment you could try Google Messenger or Hangouts for SMS/MMS to see if that changes the text notification behavior.

As for emails, each account has its own notifications/sound/vibrate settings. Make sure each one is set individually to how you want it.

I'll try that for the texts; thanks for the suggestion, DOW. I've checked all the email account settings and they are definitely on and I get notifications here and there. Other than the screen going really bright because it turns off the auto by itself, but then auto goes back on by itself, too. Those are the only buggy things I have right now. I really like this phone, actually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1