Disabling apps from app drawer doesn't truly disable the apps...

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Just discovered this and it may come across as useful. If you used the app drawer to disable any bloatware (I noticed this mainly with apps that have updates installed) and go into the application manager to enable them, pushing the "Enable" button actually continues to disable them completely (uninstalling the updates and so forth). Seems like a bug as far as that button is concerned but probably done that way as a convenience to those just looking for a fast way to disable bloat without having to go through all the confirmation screens.

Can anybody confirm so that I know it's not my phone being crazy?

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just discovered this and it may come across as useful. If you used the app drawer to disable any bloatware (I noticed this mainly with apps that have updates installed) and go into the application manager to enable them, pushing the "Enable" button actually continues to disable them completely (uninstalling the updates and so forth). Seems like a bug as far as that button is concerned but probably done that way as a convenience to those just looking for a fast way to disable bloat without having to go through all the confirmation screens.

Can anybody confirm so that I know it's not my phone being crazy?

On AT&T, I selected the "Enable" option on a disabled app, the button changed to "Disable".

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
On AT&T, I selected the "Enable" option on a disabled app, the button changed to "Disable".

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Try disabling an app with updates installed from the app drawer and then going into the application manager and pushing the Enable button.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
On my AT&T S6 selecting Enable just causes the button to change to Disable. There is a separate button I can select if I want to uninstall the updates to the disabled app.

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm, my S6 doesn't do that. Hitting Enable just enables the app again. From your settings menu it looks like you have the international version though; I have a US S6 so the software is a slight bit different.

It's the T-Mobile version.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
It's the T-Mobile version.

Ah, I didn't know that T-Mobile hasn't messed with the settings menu like, at least, AT&T and Verizon did. Yeah, my S6 doesn't have this issue. I don't know if the theme you have could have caused some sort of hitch up, I just run stock TouchWiz. I wouldn't think a theme could cause an issue like that.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, my S6 doesn't do that. Hitting Enable just enables the app again. From your settings menu it looks like you have the international version though; I have a US S6 so the software is a slight bit different.

Just tried it and mine does not do what it showed in the video...clicking "enable" simply just enables the app again
It must be something with your phone, or the T-Mobile version of the phone

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Just tried it and mine does not do what it showed in the video...clicking "enable" simply just enables the app again
It must be something with your phone, or the T-Mobile version of the phone

Weird. Hopefully it's a T-Mobile thing because I already factory reset my phone once. Regardless, it's not something that hinders the experience.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Weird. Hopefully it's a T-Mobile thing because I already factory reset my phone once. Regardless, it's not something that hinders the experience.

What app did you use to record your phone screen if I may ask?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech