Google Play Services Update

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
What I find amusing about this whole thing is people actually wanting to get mad/argue that some of us are getting such decent battery life. I don't think most of us are disagreeing there's an issue affecting some devices; it's just not affecting ours.

We got people legitimately angry about this. This should be a positive thing. "This is what this device can do once they fix these issues" is the message I'm hearing. Just like other Samsung launches, there's just some people that want this device to fail.

Sorry about your luck, people.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm on verizon and have 7.3.28 I got my phone on release day . The 11th . And I manualy update all my apps and go through them before I do and I never seen the update unless it updated when they first turned the phone on at the verizon store on the 11th. It's also not in my update history. Maybe it was already on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well I never checked the version of this when I got the S6 at Verizon on April 10, but the S6 edge I exchanged for at Verizon on April 15, had 7.0.99

I've rebooted the phone and still no update on play store yet. Debating if I want to manually do it, will I have to have unknown sources on to install the apk?

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I never checked the version of this when I got the S6 at Verizon on April 10, but the S6 edge I exchanged for at Verizon on April 15, had 7.0.99

I've rebooted the phone and still no update on play store yet. Debating if I want to manually do it, will I have to have unknown sources on to install the apk?

If you try and install it (I uploaded the APK to Google Drive then opened it form there) and you don't have the unknown sources on it will prompt you to turn it on, then take you to the settings and then when you turn it on it will give you the option to only turn it on for this app installation. If you select yes it'll allow you to load the APK but it'll keep the unknown sources option off after.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
What I find amusing about this whole thing is people actually wanting to get mad/argue that some of us are getting such decent battery life. I don't think most of us are disagreeing there's an issue affecting some devices; it's just not affecting ours.

We got people legitimately angry about this. This should be a positive thing. "This is what this device can do once they fix these issues" is the message I'm hearing. Just like other Samsung launches, there's just some people that want this device to fail.

Sorry about your luck, people.

I agree. I definitely look at it as positive. That means hopefully one day I'll get it too.

Yes. I have all settings out of the box except wifi scanning.
Dang, that's REALLY good.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I definitely look at it as positive. That means hopefully one day I'll get it too.

Dang, that's REALLY good.

Glad someone sees that. If I was on the other side of the fence and had battery issues, I'd be encouraged by the performance some people are getting instead of saying the battery sucks after it's been officially launched for 10 whole days.

jcrutchvt2010

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I was not able to get hangouts notifications pushed while on wifi. I installed this on my T-mobile galaxy s6 and it seems to have fixed the issue. Not sure if the two are related but glad it's fixed.

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Since the update, Smart Lock works better. Before it was not working at my Trusted Place. And it seems, so far, my battery life might be better. Its showing my battery should last me 19 hours. It was 13 before.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Question: if you side load this update by downloading the .apk, when the app updates again, do you always need to side load it? Or, will it automatically update, even though it's been side loaded?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Question: if you side load this update by downloading the .apk, when the app updates again, do you always need to side load it? Or, will it automatically update, even though it's been side loaded?

It will update just like any other app installed from the store.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Finally on version 7.3.29

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Did you sideload the .apk or did the Google Play Store finally update for you? Still waiting patiently (ok, not so patiently!) for mine. Let us know if you see any improved battery life like a number of others are reporting.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you sideload the .apk or did the Google Play Store finally update for you? Still waiting patiently (ok, not so patiently!) for mine. Let us know if you see any improved battery life like a number of others are reporting.

It updated in the background.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine must've updated in the background today to. Will see tomorrow if it makes any difference.

It appears to have so far. It's saying 23 hours left at 90% where it normally would say 15 or so hours left.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1