Best way to charge a new phone battery

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
There is no need too. What i suggest is charge it until its full, then unplug it and use it.

The charger automatically stops charging after its full, so a 24hr charge would simply fill it up, and when it drops a little it would recharge it.. so leaving it that long won't benefit you any.

I like to restart my phone when its full, ill do a restart everyday before i unplug the charger then let it top back off. I have no idea why i do this, other than im still stick in the "turn it off and back on everyday" generation lol

Posted via the Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
No, the shorter the charge, the better for battery.

Do balance that with protecting your USB socket and your usage though.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
On first use tips. Should I charge for 24hours?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

But that's just the beginning. After that you should dim the lights and light some candles and begin the holy S6 Ceremony which involves goat heads, 72 vestal virgins and yak urine. Now only when this is complete should you even consider using this phone.

Just kidding (of course). No, just use the phone, it's fine whether it has a 20% charge or a 100% charge. When it gets too low just plug it in.

Sheesh

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
ABSOLUTELY!!!

But that's just the beginning. After that you should dim the lights and light some candles and begin the holy S6 Ceremony which involves goat heads, 72 vestal virgins and yak urine. Now only when this is complete should you even consider using this phone.

Just kidding (of course). No, just use the phone, it's fine whether it has a 20% charge or a 100% charge. When it gets too low just plug it in.

Sheesh

Agreed. But it is funny that people still believe in training and letting the battery settle.......

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. But it is funny that people still believe in training and letting the battery settle.......

I can understand, that's what we were all told when we all bought our Nokia 3210's.

And 99% of the population don't follow tech news or forums