Galaxy S6 Appreciation

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Let's talk about why we love our S6's!! Whether its the super cool glass color changing effect, finger scanner technology, amazing camera, super speedy performance.

Best phone I've ever owned, have spent all week showing it off and cannot get bored of it. We've got enough battery and performance issue topics, let's try to keep this an appreciation focus.

Posted via S6

Brian Delaney

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I SO love the camera. Such sharp images I wish I had it in Italy last year !
I love the beautiful display and the sound quality
The call quality is wonderful and I'm glad I can actually take a call and not have to turn the speaker on as I had to with my HTC one
And I'm thankful for the person who started a POSITIVE post ! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The display is gorgeous. The camera is the best I've ever used on a smartphone, and in my view, the best on a smartphone period. The fingerprint sensor works extremely well and allows me to use security on my device when I normally never do. The Edge screen, while not feature-packed, feels amazing to type on and swipe out side menus. Performance is every bit as good as a Nexus and the touch response using Google Keyboard is excellent. My battery life has been solid and an improvement over last year's S5, a great achievement given the smaller battery size.

It's not perfect by any means, but I think I can safely say it's the most well-rounded phone I've ever used. There's very little weaknesses here.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

jpopdallas

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm really loving mine. There is nothing I don't like about this phone. Maby I don't like the fact that I don't have a Bluetooth speaker with nfc yet.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Upgrading from a HTC One M7, I really love this phone. Great screen, cool fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone (and a few apps), much better camera than the M7, and wireless charging. Luckily, I haven't had any issues with my S6 (and I've been looking hard!).

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
How do you follow these posters? Upgraded from the GS4.

I love the speed and smoothness of this device as well as it solid and premium feel. There is no noticeable lag and battery life, what can I say? The device charges super fast and the wireless charging pad works great with my Defender case. Great display even in sunlight although occasionally I have to use auto brightness. I love the new widgets which much cleaner and less cartoonish. I like what Samsung has done with TouchWiz, some of which I probably have missed as I passed on the GS5. I love the ability to change the grid layout with three different choices and that we now have themes making third party launchers less necessary but not so much that if you like them continue using them. Easily the best smartphone I have used compared to those I used in the past.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm also a fan of TouchWiz suprisngly. I was expecting to replace it with Google Now, since I thoroughly enjoyed it on my Nexus 5...but after a few minutes I realized I much preferred TW.

The camera initially was as impressive as I expected...but then I removed the plastic protective slip on the lens and wow....incredible loving this camera.

Posted via S6

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm also a fan of TouchWiz suprisngly. I was expecting to replace it with Google Now, since I thoroughly enjoyed it on my Nexus 5...but after a few minutes I realized I much preferred TW.

The camera initially was as impressive as I expected...but then I removed the plastic protective slip on the lens and wow....incredible loving this camera.

Posted via S6
Don't forget to remove the film on the LED flash.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I love the screen, the fit and finish, the elegance of the edge., the speed, the camera etc... this device is just an all around great performer in every category.

Posted from my Monster Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Good riddance to the plastic back cover. Don't miss the swappable battery or the sd card. Turned out to be great design choices although I hope,the camera hump is flush with the back in the next iteration. My Defender provides great protection of the present one.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Because I love the design so much I went with a case that conforms to the body without hiding it. Went with Galaxy S6 Case, Spigen® [Air Thinness] Galaxy S6 Case Slim. Every person who holds the phone is impressed and in love, even my iPhone fangirl wife admits its beautiful, has a lip to protect the camera lens and flash too.

Posted via S6

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Because I love the design so much I went with a case that conforms to the body without hiding it. Went with Galaxy S6 Case, Spigen® [Air Thinness] Galaxy S6 Case Slim. Every person who holds the phone is impressed and in love, even my iPhone fangirl wife admits its beautiful, has a lip to protect the camera lens and flash too.

Posted via S6

I'm using the same case and get the same impressions from friends and family. This phone is hot and needs to be shown off.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Once you pass the first 48 hours of setting up the device getting it to look and feel right, it is really amazing. I'm still tweaking things but the immersive screen is unbelievable, camera is brilliant and this might sound weird, but I especially like the clicky physical buttons.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The parallax,effect where the icons appear to be floating over the background at certain viewing angles is cool.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I also don't miss the sd card slot with the caveat that I have 64GB GS6. When the bloat and TouchWiz had a much larger footprint on my 16GB GS4. I was one of the those who had a 64 GB card which didn't get full and after a while I didn't use it much. Don't miss the IP67 rating as I passed on the GS5.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My wife has always complained about her other Samsung phone cameras (she has the Note 3) with the slow and bad photo taking abilities.

The other day I did the Wild West draw with my S6 and took out the camera and turned it on and take a great photo is mere seconds. She was impressed and so was I with this phone camera quality and speed!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Nope, just plain thin clear rubber/plastic case.

Posted via S6

But is this the one that it has a dotted pattern on the back? I'm asking because I saw it when buying mine, but decided on the Ringke Fusion Crystal Clear because the Spigen one I'm saying had a dotted pattern back and I wanted it Crystal Clear.