Apps (g maps, pocket casts, etc) shutting off when not in foreground

E60351

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
many apps that have the permissions to run in the background like navigation, podcast streaming, Lux, Battery Widget Reborn, etc are constantly shutting off while in use... am i alone with this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly. If I'm playing music, then run another app that uses audio output, the music stops. The player keeps playing (IOW, if I return to it a minute later, it's played another minute's music), but there's no audio coming from it. A phone call will kill turn by turn instructions from a map app. Some hardware can only be connected to by one app at a time.

This isn't an S6 thing, it's an Android thing. (It may also be an iPhone and Windows thing - I don't have any of them to check it.)

E60351

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Not exactly. If I'm playing music, then run another app that uses audio output, the music stops. The player keeps playing (IOW, if I return to it a minute later, it's played another minute's music), but there's no audio coming from it. A phone call will kill turn by turn instructions from a map app. Some hardware can only be connected to by one app at a time.

This isn't an S6 thing, it's an Android thing. (It may also be an iPhone and Windows thing - I don't have any of them to check it.)

well i can definitively say it didn't do it ever before on any motorola, lg, or htc phone i used ... the apps ran like they were supposed to

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463