What are your favorite cases for the Galaxy S6?

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Only downside I have seen so far is that it didn't come with the adapter for the headphones. All of my other lifeproof cases have. I emailed them to see what was up with that.

Yeah I'd check on that as well. Mine came with the adapter for the headphones. Best of luck

Posted via Android Central App

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I got a Incipio dual pro case off Amazon today in the mail. @felloffthetruck, you'd love it. Same color as ur case but one nice thing with this case is it's pretty much the exact same as a Otterbox Commuter, but the rubber inner part of the case is described as not ever becoming loose like what happens sometimes with the commuters in the past. And there's more hard plastic around the outside than the commuter.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4530887

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
would a hybrid case better?

It depends upon your needs and preferences. Rugged cases come in different configurations with different features to protect the device and it's ports. Personally knowing that my device will survive a good size drop, has covers for the USB and headphone mitigating dust intrusion, and will be pristine out of the case when I sell it, is good enough for me. The price is a bit high for a case but considering the material that the device is made of and how much it costs that it well worth it.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I got a Incipio dual pro case off Amazon today in the mail. @felloffthetruck, you'd love it. Same color as ur case but one nice thing with this case is it's pretty much the exact same as a Otterbox Commuter, but the rubber inner part of the case is described as not ever becoming loose like what happens sometimes with the commuters in the past. And there's more hard plastic around the outside than the commuter.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S6 Case, Incipio [Shock Absorbing] DualPro Case for Samsung Galaxy S6-Lime/Charcoal: Cell Phones & Accessories

The DualPro is a nice case. I've been using the Neon Blue for almost a month. The matte plastic back does tend to pick up dirty/oily fingerprints though. Here are some pics of the case on imgur

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4534415

Can you post up a couple real pictures so I can see the color? Cool looking case.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
How has that Lifeproof been doing after all this time? Did go back to a different case yet?

Still using it to this day. I haven't taken it off. Kinda glad I haven't I just got soaked in pretty sudden rain storm here in lovely southeast Louisiana. Anyways Happy 4th of July to everyone!

Posted via Android Central App

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Here Ya go @fellofthetruck

Attachments

• 1436147903918.jpg
    1436147903918.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 1436147915027.jpg
    1436147915027.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 1436147922722.jpg
    1436147922722.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 1436147929202.jpg
    1436147929202.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 38
Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Pelican ProGear Voyager case. I normally stay away from cases when using a skin on a device, but I do occasionally make an exception. This combo would probably look better if I didn't have a black carbon wrap covering the white S6, but I'm not planning on removing the skin yet :p Too bad Pelican doesn't sell a white/black version

I've been wanting to buy the Pelican Progear Protector. Is the gray side rubber? Some phone cases like to otterbox are hard plastic which makes them slippery.

kdh0324

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the lifeproof yesterday. So far I have really liked it. I am coming from the otterbox commuter case. Surprisingly the lifeproof is slightly slimmer than the otterbox, but is slightly longer. The length i actually like bc with the otterbox commuter, I felt sometomes I had a hard time using the fingerprint scanner quickly. Also, the screen has improved since previous versions. The one thing I'd warn against is check out the case before purchasing. I looked at one and the screen had slight scratches on it. The second one I looked at did not. The case does slightly muffle the volume on calls, but (at least for me) not enough to be a problem. Anyway, that's my short term review. Will update later on with pics if I get a chance.

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the lifeproof yesterday. So far I have really liked it. I am coming from the otterbox commuter case. Surprisingly the lifeproof is slightly slimmer than the otterbox, but is slightly longer. The length i actually like bc with the otterbox commuter, I felt sometomes I had a hard time using the fingerprint scanner quickly. Also, the screen has improved since previous versions. The one thing I'd warn against is check out the case before purchasing. I looked at one and the screen had slight scratches on it. The second one I looked at did not. The case does slightly muffle the volume on calls, but (at least for me) not enough to be a problem. Anyway, that's my short term review. Will update later on with pics if I get a chance.

Posted via the Android Central App

Where did you get it at? Best Buy?

kdh0324

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I got it at Target. I was looking through their cases and happened to see it. Didn't think Target would carry them already. Below are the pictures I took this morning. (Pictures taken w/ an HTC One M8.
IMAG2564.jpgIMAG2565.jpgIMAG2566.jpgIMAG2567.jpg

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I got it at Target. I was looking through their cases and happened to see it. Didn't think Target would carry them already. Below are the pictures I took this morning. (Pictures taken w/ an HTC One M8.
View attachment 185466View attachment 185467View attachment 185468View attachment 185469

Looks like it has great protection, but that is just TOO bulky for daily use. The Defender is the bulkiest I'd go but I buy the Defender because it gives great protection. Also does dust get inside it?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams