What are your favorite cases for the Galaxy S6?

Brent Zaniewski

Accessory Editor
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Now that the Samsung Galaxy S6 is out and about, we're interested in learning what cases you're after (or currently using) to protect it from damage. It doesn't matter what style — flip cover, full body film, hybrid case or skin case — we want to know your favorites. Following this thread will be our "Best cases for the Galaxy S6" article that will encompass what our community has deemed worthy above the rest, so share your opinions because they matter!

Update: Check out our Top 6 best cases for Samsung Galaxy S6 post! Big thanks to the community here for your input, you folks are awesome.

Last edited:

Netrunner16

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I ordered two cases from amazon last week and they're both awesome.

The Spigen Neo Hybrid looks very nice, is thin and has metal buttons that look very cool.

For more protection I have the Urban Armor in black. I know from previous experiences that this case is very good, not bulky at all and looks fantastic, that's why I bought it for the S6.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Brent! I stickied the post to keep it visible and get you the responses you need for the article. Good luck!

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I like the UAG case as well in the Aero color for the black S6. If you're into the storm trooper look the white case for the white S6 looks good.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Currently using a Diztronic case. Provides full protection (camera, screen, sides), but is very slim. Also, very nice grip, so it won't slide, but not too much that you can't put it into your jeans pocket.

Also, waiting to see if Magpul comes out with a case.

Edit: Here are some crappy pics of the Diztronic Case:

Last edited:

Nidwow

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
For me it will have to be the Otterbox defender. My S4 managed to jump out of my hydration pack while cycling @ 15+ MPH on the pavement. Not a dig or scratch. Now my S6 is wearing one.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Spigen Neo Hybrid first, but didn't like it. It was still too slick on the sides for me, not offering any better grip over the phone. I ended up with a Speck CandyShell and am very happy with it. Seems to provide decent enough protection and the material has a slight tackiness to it that gives me a better grip on the phone, but doesn't hinder me putting and retrieving the phone from my pocket. No issues with accessing ports and is thick enough to recess the camera just a bit.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to use a case, but in certain circumstances, the S6 gets really, really slick. It also tends to slide around on tables and whatnot.

Does anyone know of a clear back glass protector that has a grippy feel?

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I've got the official Samsung hard Shell case. It's very slim with very little protection but feels real nice.
I've also got an otterbox symmetry which adds a bit of bulk but also adds good protection.
My next purchase will be the Speck candyshell grip. Not bulky at all with awesome grip and protection.

SoyleMycelf

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the Speck candyshell grip and confirm awesome grip. I assume the protection is adequate but I am not about to test that (at least not on purpose). Wireless charging works fine through the case, even on my $8 Chinese knockoff charging pads. I am still looking for a case with all of these features and a built-in kickstand.

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the Speck candyshell grip and confirm awesome grip. I assume the protection is adequate but I am not about to test that (at least not on purpose). Wireless charging works fine through the case, even on my $8 Chinese knockoff charging pads. I am still looking for a case with all of these features and a built-in kickstand.

Seidio usually do a good case with a quality kick stand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs