Reluctant home button

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have a home button that doesn't work 100% of the time?

Sometimes, I push it, feel/hear a click, but nothing happens. I'd estimate it's failing to activate 5% of the time.

I can pretty reliably get the button to fail if I click off center (high or low) and very quickly.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had my S6 for 10 days now, and the home button works every time. I suggest you exchange you phone if possible.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Sometimes, I push it, feel/hear a click, but nothing happens. I'd estimate it's failing to activate 5% of the time.

I can pretty reliably get the button to fail if I click off center (high or low) and very quickly.
Yes mines the same way. I've just learned to press it from middle instead of off center.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I can get it to fail even more reliably if I press it just hard enough to click (and not necessarily quickly or on the edges). I really don't think this can possibly be normal. Planning to exchange it tomorrow.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I can get it to fail even more reliably if I press it just hard enough to click (and not necessarily quickly or on the edges). I really don't think this can possibly be normal. Planning to exchange it tomorrow.

Damn you..i can replicate as well. But like have to really push it soft. Get click but nothing.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Damn you..i can replicate as well. But like have to really push it soft. Get click but nothing.

I wasn't originally looking for a problem. I just kept experiencing the button not working on the first try. Is that the same for you or did you not notice anything until I posted this?

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't originally looking for a problem. I just kept experiencing the button not working on the first try. Is that the same for you or did you not notice anything until I posted this?

I mean in hindsight i feel like there might've been a time homebutton didn't work but yeah not at all 5%. closer to 1% if that.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So I called Verizon today. Replacement should be on its way soon. I'll report back on the home button when it arrives.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. Not all the time. I hate getting a replacement as I'm sure it will be a refurbished.

Interesting. What makes so sure it will be a refurb? Is Verizon known for replacing brand new phones (less than 14 days old) with refurbs? Seems like S6 refurbs would be pretty rare so early in production anyway, no?

ETA: Any way to tell if you have a refurb once it arrives?

skewts09

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Usually the refurbs just come with phone only. Not the box etc. I called verizon and they said since its new, I probably would not get a refurb for a replacement. I was gonna take it back to the store to have it replaced. Worst case I pay $35 restocking fee and get a new one. Though that would be a last resort.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So, my replacement phone arrived Thursday from Verizon. It came with the full packaging, just like my original phone, so I don't think it was refurbished. The home button is much better. The click sound it makes when I press it is lower pitched and a bit quieter. So far, it's working over 99% of the time. So, despite the PITA of reconfiguring everything, I'm happy I did the swap.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So, my replacement phone arrived Thursday from Verizon. It came with the full packaging, just like my original phone, so I don't think it was refurbished. The home button is much better. The click sound it makes when I press it is lower pitched and a bit quieter. So far, it's working over 99% of the time. So, despite the PITA of reconfiguring everything, I'm happy I did the swap.

Glad you got it fixed! :).

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

Yes and it is becoming a bit annoying. Not a deal breaker, but I find myself second guessing if I pressed it or not.

J

slayer#WN

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I replaced mine at verizon store last week for the same problem. Pressing the home button was a 50/50 proposition. The replacement is spot on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

snake2332

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I've had two S6s and two Note 5s, they all have this problem. The S6 is worse but I can still replicate it on the Note 5 at the left and right edges of the button. I can replicate it on the S6 by pressing it JUST hard enough to click, but can't do that with the Note 5.

I have a feeling it'll get better with time as the button softens up a bit. I prefer onscreen buttons having had the G2 and GNexus as my previous phones, but I'm not going to enable it on my Galaxies.

I am skeptical that people can't replicate this problem at all since I can on 4/4 devices, but whatever.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana