How can I get my Samsung Galaxy S6 camera to focus?

sunnyflowers08

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
samsung galaxy s6 camera wont focus?

The camera will not focus at all on the back. Selfie camera works great right away. After about a minute with the back camera, it will finally cocus and work great. All films have been removed from the exterior lens of the camera, so I know this isnt the problem.
Any ideas? Camera is on auto focus, too.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s6 camera wont focus?

New phone + problem = get it replaced. It sounds like either a weak focusing drive or sticky lubricant - the camera has to be replaced, and you shouldn't accept a repair on a new phone.

DOOG9517

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

I have the same issue. I called Verizon tech support, and they told me to return it. It seems to be a hardware problem.

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I can vouch here too. Got a replacement off o2 yesterday and all is good now

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Had the same issue, returned it, replacement phone is perfect. Always instant focus, 100% of the time. The one with the focus issue wouldn't focus unless I shook the phone, it's definitely a hardware issue, my guess is the lense gets stuck and when you shake it, it breaks free and can then focus. Probably some small burr in the lense assembly preventing the focus from happening without additional force.

dogdaysunrise7

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same issue on my S6 Edge. I typed *#0*# on the keypad and went to Mega Camera to check it. This runs it on the basic software so nothing app related and still no focus.
Clearly hardware.
I have to shake it to get it to focus.
Went to the store to get a replacement, which will take a while due to demand.

ZygyK

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same issue on my S6 Edge. I typed *#0*# on the keypad and went to Mega Camera to check it. This runs it on the basic software so nothing app related and still no focus.
Clearly hardware.
I have to shake it to get it to focus.
Went to the store to get a replacement, which will take a while due to demand.

How do you get *#0*# to work on a Verizon device?

ZygyK

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I have this same problem with Verizon device. I called them and they sent me a "replacement" device but it was used. I find this unacceptable as they should offer a brand new device. The phone is $900 and I've had it since release date. This is crazy. So since Verizon isn't very good at customer service I am using the used replacement device temporarily while sending my original device to Samsung for repair. Will see how it goes.