Anyone tried using a Rocketfish microUSB Wall Charger?

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Just curious. I bought one months before purchasing the S6, for my M7. "Nice little backup charger for the office" I thought. I'm now using it for the S6, and I'm blown away by what I'm seeing. The charger was not rated as a quick charger when I bought it (unless I'm mistaken), but it's behaving that way when I plug in the S6. At 3:58p today I was down to 48% battery. I figured "better get a little juice before leaving the office and hitting the gym...". Fast forward to 4:28p (screen off) - I check the phone - 84% battery. Holy crap...

Maybe I inadvertently have a quick charger, or I guess it's because of the 2.1 amps? No clue but in case anyone was looking for a spare charger for their S6, this Rocketfish one might be worth it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's the 2.1 Amp availability. Check the charge (Galaxy Charging Current Lite) - you'll probably find it's drawing about an Amp (maybe even more). I normally charge my Note 3 wirelessly, but if I need a quick charge, the 2 Amp wall charger can do about the same numbers as yours did (and the Note 3 doesn't have any quick charge capability).

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
It's the 2.1 Amp availability. Check the charge (Galaxy Charging Current Lite) - you'll probably find it's drawing about an Amp (maybe even more). I normally charge my Note 3 wirelessly, but if I need a quick charge, the 2 Amp wall charger can do about the same numbers as yours did (and the Note 3 doesn't have any quick charge capability).

Cool - I was thinking the same. Another benefit to this phone! Friggin' loving it!

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is probably charging around 2a. 2.55ah/2a = 1.28 hr =78 minutes. So 30 minutes is around 36%. Keep in mind though near the top, charging a slows

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch