Which Calendar App? Stock or Something More?

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Just curious - what calendar app does everyone use on their S6? I've been using Business Calendar Pro (along with Business Tasks) for the past couple years, but I have to admit the stock calendar looks pretty good from what I've seen so far while helping someone troubleshoot an issue. Anyone rocking stock? Or are there better options out there?

Posted via the Android Central App

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I actually, have been using the stock calendar app. Before, I used Google Calendar. I will have to say, that I am actually liking the stock app.

Sent from the EDGE of the Galaxy S6 edge!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Stock app here
I could really care less for 3rd part calender apps...so long as I see the date and my appointments I am fine

Philip Manwaring

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I like the stock calendar. Exchange integration is very well done and I like the way you can quickly zoom into the agenda for any given day without leaving the full month view.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Stock and pretty much liking it so far.

Interestingly, the widget shows actual events in the calendar cells, but the app shows green dots (with events below for the selected day). I'm not saying this is good or bad, just interesting.

ETA, actually, the app shows both. It shows green dots by default, but if you swipe down on the calendar, it expands to show events, just like the widget. So, now I like it even better :).

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I really like the stock calender. It does all I could ask it to do and I prefer the layout to Google Calendar.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

maks327

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving Sunrise! It's got a super intuitive interface, that's clean, "material" and all of that. It looks good, and it automatically can grab my system exchange calendar. The widget that comes with it is exactly what I wanted also.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I've been using stock since getting this phone but I'm about to go back to Business Calendar 2 that I was using before it as I like it better.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The stock app is surprisingly decent, no harm done there.
The Google calendar app is a mess, IMO. It looks pretty, but I need split view to function.

My current app, and my recommendation for a 3rd party app is Today Calendar (Pro).
-Split view works well, and shows dots on the days that have events (which Sunrise didn't feature on Android last time I checked).
-Split view works on both phone and tablet.
-It uses material design.

timboevbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
google calendar but after reading this post, will take the stock for a spin. always used business calendar pro and add your template (shift work, ugh)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital