How can I turn off the SMS messages in Outlook Inbox on my Galaxy S6?

Mike Gambill

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
SMS messages in Outlook Inbox - Galaxy S6

There are several posts about how to turn this off in previous versions of the Samsung Galaxy phones. I see no option to turn this off on the S6.

Help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: SMS messages in Outlook Inbox - Galaxy S6

Welcome to Android Central! From what I understand, open the stock Email app, tap Menu>Settings, select the email account, and turn off Sync SMS Messages.

ostin

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I called Samsung support and they remotely did this

On your SG6, open the inbox of the exchange account.
Click on "More" on the top right corner
Select Settings
Select the Account (again)
Scroll all the way down to Sync Messages under Sync Task
Turn that off
Test it by sending an email to that account to confirm you still receive emails and then test by sending a text to yourself and see if the text also goes to your email.

Let me know if it works for you

Michelle Stevens2

May 14, 2015
Visit site
For S6 Edge
Click on your email app
Click on more (top right hand corner)
Click on settings
Select respective Microsoft Exchange Email Account
Scroll down to the bottom
Disable Sync Messages (This stops the SMS messages NOT the email messages) :)

santanalz

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to bump this old'ish thread but this is my exact problem...here's the issue, I don't have a "sync SMS messages" tab... I have one tab regarding any messages, It's just ALL messages so if I turn it off my biz email doesn't sync. I just tested. Help?

Screenshot_2015-06-30-21-03-09.jpg

Last edited:

bobmorris22

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
When I go into the Exchange email account and click on "More" the only option it gives me is 'Edit" (deleting messages, etc.) There is not a 'Settings" option

Curtmcgirt

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
didn't work for me. I have "sync messages" off, and i'm still getting texts in outlook. I even removed and re-added the activesync account to my phone (galaxy s 6 edge), and made sure "sync messages" was unchecked during the initial account setup process.

Stephen Savage

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the latest OS of the S6 (not - edge) and there is only sync calendar, contacts, email and task. Not messages. What to....do? For now I've made a rule in my work account to move phonenumber senders to a junk=like folder.

Thanks,
Stephen

MLazarusM2

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: SMS messages in Outlook Inbox - Galaxy S6

This worked for me. "open the stock Email app, tap Menu>Settings, select the email account, and turn off Sync SMS Messages." Thanks B. Diddy.

Last edited: