Is there a one touch dialing shortcut option?

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Newbee question. I am coming from a Motorola product that allowed me to have a shortcut on my home screen to dial a favorite number with one touch. I have created a widget with the S6 but it only takes me to the contact and then I have to hit the dial icon. Is there an easy way to accomplish one touch dialing?

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Get "shortcut dial" from the play store. Its an app, not a widget... start it, choose a contact and a number ... it will create a 1-touch dial icon using that contacts pic on one of your desktop pages. Move the icon where you want it and you're done.

(edit to change "direct dial" to "shortcut dial" ... sorry for any confusion)

Last edited:

red72

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I use shortcut dial. Works great except the picture is really small for the icon.

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised Samsung doesn't have this as a basic feature but I will get shortcut dial. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

They had it in addition with dozens and dozens of cool little features but then they have been heavily criticized for all this "gimmicks" so they decided to toned down Touch Wiz and removed a lot of features that were very useful for some, like this one and a couple of others that I'm really missing from previous Touch Wiz version.

So you can see that there is no way to please everybody, there will be always complaints no matter what they do, and even worse, haters will always hate.