Disappointed with Samsung!

Douglas Yarnold

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I am so disappointed with Samsung!
I abandoned Apple iPhone years ago, for two main reasons. Firstly, I wanted the ability to change/upgrade the phone battery. I like putting an extended battery in my Galaxy S5 smart phone. I have a Samsung Gear 2 Neo Smart watch, and have Bluetooth on all day long, which can help drain the phone battery. With an extended battery in my Galaxy S5, I can use the smart watch, and with heavy daily usage of the phone all day long, still have plenty of battery life left at the end of the day. Secondly, I wanted the option to upgrade my memory chip. Now I realize that the Samsung S6 can be purchased with a large memory chip, so this isn't so important. However, the step backward, in my humble opinion, to make it impossible to swap out the Galaxy battery is enough to convince me to wait for the S7, when hopefully, Samsung will make battery change a viable option again.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I passed on the GS5 because I saw it as an incremental upgrade, not quite the big step forward that I was hoping for. Then, the GS6 came along with its premium build materials and solid feel. After reading the reviews and watching a lot of videos, I became convinced that the GS6 was worth the risk. It is lightning fast and smooth with no noticeable lag. TouchWiz is slimmed down enough that I decided against a third party launcher. I got the 64GB GS6 on AT&T and have more than 50GB free and have no battery issues. Not everyone is so fortunate and obviously, results depend upon usage habits and device setting preferences as well as carrier related factors. I have no problems getting through an entire day with the battery. With rapid charging and wireless charging , both are very fast by the way so much so that I have out off buying a PowerBank. There are a lot of very knowledgable people on this forum who can probably answer your questions better than me. The GS6 isn't for everyone but I believe it is worth a try while you wait for the GS7 or GN5, both will probably be better than the GS6. Coming from the GS4, every feature and performance improvement on the GS6 exceeded my expectations.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
GS6 is the best Android device I've ever touched. I realized last year that I don't use enough memory to need expanded storage and I seem to be cool with the battery life. The build quality of this phone is way better than anything else available besides an iPhone, and I'm not buying one of those lol. Actually, nix that, it's better than an iPhone.

The battery rocks, I don't need to charge during the work day and I have gotten over 3.5 hours screen on time with about 50% left.

Dopest camera on any Android phone, Wireless charging... Fast charging... Ridiculous screen... Optimized OS...nuff said IMO.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
GS6 is the best Android device I've ever touched. I realized last year that I don't use enough memory to need expanded storage and I seem to be cool with the battery life. The build quality of this phone is way better than anything else available besides an iPhone, and I'm not buying one of those lol. Actually, nix that, it's better than an iPhone.

The battery rocks, I don't need to charge during the work day and I have gotten over 3.5 hours screen on time with about 50% left.

Dopest camera on any Android phone, Wireless charging... Fast charging... Ridiculous screen... Optimized OS...nuff said IMO.

Well,spotted. The camera is also another reason to get the GS6 as it is one of the best out there. In the past, lowlight pictures and videos were an issue. Not anymore.

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Yup,

Love the camera, I find it much better compared to my old note 4, it's faster and takes better pics in low light for sure.

I'm also disappointed that there isn't an option for expandable memory anymore, but it's ok, at least theres enough memory
built it for apps, pics, etc - just need to transfer to dropbox or mac once in a while to empty it again :)

As for battery, I like the idea of a removable battery in general but for the S6 it's not necessary as the battery is pretty darn good as it is :) also, to get this excellent build quality/ glass backing Samsung did what they needed to :)

overall I'm happy with the S6, but I can see why some customers may be annoyed, but comparing it to any other phone available
it's still a winner :)

cobrasixtysix

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I have lots of Samsung products and I like them, they're generally good stuff and I would have seriously considered replacing my GS4 in favour of one of the GS6 iterations until I discovered that it had no SD Card support, Bad, Bad move Samsung. And now, yet again it seems (according to reports form around the net) , another offering (The future Galaxy S7) that also drops SD support? Well Mr. Samsung, I'm not currently liking your business model, no, not at all. For my next buy, it looks like I may be looking elsewhere "yet again". Samsung take note, bring back the SD support or feel the buyers wrath!!
A few other issues while I'm on a roll, bring back the replaceable battery, that's a deal breaker as well.
The dust/water resistant case was a great idea with the GS5, dropped that too, go figure.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a phone with a removable battery for a long time now (Nexus 5/LG G2/Samsung GS6) and I don't have a problem with it. I have wireless chargers in places where I spend time (my desk at work, in my car), but even without I wouldn't have an issue. And the expandable storage is another nonissue with cloud storage and a phone that's available with ample built-in memory. I think built-in battery and lack of removable storage is the trend for the future. I adore my GS6 - best phone I've ever had. Until this model came out, Samsung's ugly designs were enough to keep me away - no longer!

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Not to offend anyone but I think the s6 sold better than the s5. Which would lead me to believe that most people don't care or didn't use those features. I'm sure they did market research before pulling the trigger.

That said LG still caters to customers that want those options and LG makes descent phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech