Full reset but no results

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I did a full factory reset but am not seeing any different results. In fact, I think that my battery drainage is a bit higher than normal. I added all my apps and tweaked the settings last night. It DID tell me that my battery should last over a day and a half (which it never has before) but that is quickly falling today. I can post some screen shots if someone is interested in giving me advice but I really am not sure if it is just the apps and way I use my phone or if the phone is defective...which hopefully it is not because today is the last day of my 14 days and best buy is an hour away!

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I did a full factory reset but am not seeing any different results. In fact, I think that my battery drainage is a bit higher than normal

A little early for me to say for sure but I think I am seeing the same. I was getting 16-18 hours on battery with about 4 hours SOT before the reset. I don't know if I should be happy with that or not? I have done all of the "tweaks" suggested like removing all bloat, shutting down almost all of the Google Play apps except ok google and the Main Play app, turn off auto sync,wifi scanning and advanced LTE, and set location services to wifi and cell only.

I do not use power saving untul 15% because it messes up auto brightness - which i really like.

Anything I am missing?

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
A little early for me to say for sure but I think I am seeing the same. I was getting 16-18 hours on battery with about 4 hours SOT before the reset. I don't know if I should be happy with that or not? I have done all of the "tweaks" suggested like removing all bloat, shutting down almost all of the Google Play apps except ok google and the Main Play app, turn off auto sync,wifi scanning and advanced LTE, and set location services to wifi and cell only.

I do not use power saving untul 15% because it messes up auto brightness - which i really like.

Anything I am missing?

I actually think you're right in line with what the S6 should do, to be honest. This phone was never going to do much more than that with its 2600mAh battery and we all knew that going in. If I could get 4 hours SoT and 16-18 hours in Standby I'd be thrilled (I'm closer to 2-2.5 hours SoT and 10-12 hours in Standby). That was always my expectation.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I actually think you're right in line with what the S6 should do, to be honest. This phone was never going to do much more than that with its 2600mAh battery and we all knew that going in. If I could get 4 hours SoT and 16-18 hours in Standby I'd be thrilled (I'm closer to 2-2.5 hours SoT and 10-12 hours in Standby). That was always my expectation.

Well that's good news. I'm going to post some screen shots in a bit. Let me know what you think if you don't mind.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I know it says it's going to last long but with my use I really don't see that happening.

Attachments

• 1429885139445.jpg
    1429885139445.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 1429885150210.jpg
    1429885150210.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 12
  • 1429885159329.jpg
    1429885159329.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 12

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I know it says it's going to last long but with my use I really don't see that happening.

Not sure what your use is like through out the day and not sure what you have turned on our off.

If cellular service is normally this bad most of your day or at home, I don't see how you can do much better. Poor service will kill a battery fast.

Posted via the Android Central App

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

Looks like you're closer to 3 hours SoT with about 18 hours off charger. Have you implemented some of the battery savings techniques posted on the Forum? Definitely depends on your use the second half but, I've found that that battery starts running down quicker in the final 50% (at least for me). Let us know that happens.

That said, it's not good to run your battery below 40% all the time, if you can avoid it.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what your use is like through out the day and not sure what you have turned on our off.

If cellular service is normally this bad most of your day or at home, I don't see how you can do much better. Poor service will kill a battery fast.

Posted via the Android Central App

I have basically everything turned off. All wifi searching. All syncing. Most apps have background restrictions. LTE voice is turned off. Pretty much all the fixes that have been around on these forums. I dont have the best cell service here but this would happen at my house (on weekends with great cell service), too. I just called Best Buy and told him I am getting less than 3 hours of on screen time and he said for sure bring the phone in and exchange it so I guess I will give this one last shot.