Screen sensitivity issues anyone?

Ivan Tenorio

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't have anything else except that you need to talk to a rep that's not overseas.

Posted via the Android Central App

Update :

So i called back twice and keep getting a rep from texas and only deal with repairs aka send in your device. I asked how to get someone from North Carolina and bascially it's luck if I land someone from their.. Going to try a online ticket and hope to get a call back. I think part of the trick to get someone other than Texas is based on how you answer your questions while you call.

Quick question when your friend got their replacement, did they have to send in their device or did they get to keep it?

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Update :

So i called back twice and keep getting a rep from texas and only deal with repairs aka send in your device. I asked how to get someone from North Carolina and bascially it's luck if I land someone from their.. Going to try a online ticket and hope to get a call back. I think part of the trick to get someone other than Texas is based on how you answer your questions while you call.

Quick question when your friend got their replacement, did they have to send in their device or did they get to keep it?

There was a return label in the box for the old one.

anon(9422122)

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
My S6 has been displaying these issues too. Started on/off again about a week ago, and now the screen is nearly unusable. All I have on it is the standard tempered screen cover that VZW had on offer.

Getting really damn annoying too.

Ivan Tenorio

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
My S6 has been displaying these issues too. Started on/off again about a week ago, and now the screen is nearly unusable. All I have on it is the standard tempered screen cover that VZW had on offer.

Getting really damn annoying too.

Ya same here. All of sudden it doesn't want to work and then it does. So annoying.

rswann88

May 15, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: AT&T SENT OUT A SOFTWARE UPDATE YESTERDAY AND MY TOUCH SENSITIVITY IS NORMAL AGAIN EVEN WITH MY SCREEN PROTECTOR!! :)

Glad to see I'm not the only one here with this issue. It's Sooo frustrating! Mine started acting up right at 14 days too. "Strange" I have to remove my screen protector to even get it to respond most of the time. I've already went through 3 of them to see if different types made a difference. The top menu is almost impossible to pull down and texting is difficult, especially the keys on the lowest edge of the screen. I don't know what to do.

Last edited:

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's definately not hardware or safe mode wouldn't make it disappear. It's a new phone with a software glitch. I'm sure it will be fixed soon. It is however a pain in the a$$ sometimes.

alhersch

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: AT&T SENT OUT A SOFTWARE UPDATE YESTERDAY AND MY TOUCH SENSITIVITY IS NORMAL AGAIN EVEN WITH MY SCREEN PROTECTOR!! :)

Glad to see I'm not the only one here with this issue. It's Sooo frustrating! Mine started acting up right at 14 days too. "Strange" I have to remove my screen protector to even get it to respond most of the time. I've already went through 3 of them to see if different types made a difference. The top menu is almost impossible to pull down and texting is difficult, especially the keys on the lowest edge of the screen. I don't know what to do.

I just checked and there is no new update for my ATT S6. How do I find out if I received the update?

Al

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
It's definately not hardware or safe mode wouldn't make it disappear. It's a new phone with a software glitch. I'm sure it will be fixed soon. It is however a pain in the a$$ sometimes.

If it was software then all the phones would have it and they don't. Samsung replaced a friend of mines s6 for this issue. Sorry but screen sensitivity issues on the s6 was an early production issue. Google it.,..

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I have found I only have this problem when the phone is on a flat suface, when I am holding the phone this problem disappears..
Try plugging it in next time you use it on a flat surface without holding it. Lots of Nexus 7 units still have this problem you described and many of us noticed it goes away while plugged in but not held. Let is know if you notice any difference.

searchmaven

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, I called T-Mobile yesterday, described the screen sensitivity issue and, without questioning it or even performing any diagnostics (which I've already done) they initiated a warranty exchange for a "new" device. Interesting that they didn't question it. Makes me think there is a hardware issue that they're aware of.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Spender000, can you talk about what you did to configure your device after the factory reset? Have you installed a new launcher? Have you installed a new messaging app? Have you added any non-stock notifications? Any info on your system setup would be appreciated.

I had a similar experience, where I factory reset 2 days ago, and everything was working great, but I have been slowly adding apps and media, and now it is back to the same old issue. As soon s I factory reset, I installed Nova which made me think that wasn't the culprit because it has worked fine for 2 days. The last thing I did before the phone went back to the old problems was setup the You Need a Budget (YNAB) app. I restored my device from backup using Samsung Smart Switch and YNAB was installed then, but I had to go through the setup process to sync it with my phone by setting it up with Dropbox. This is the last thing I did before the sensitivity issues came back. Prior to that were several notification downloads from Zedge and before that was installing Dolphin browser, but didn't notice any issues.

I talked to AT&T Tier 2 support on Saturday and have a warranty replacement (i.e. "like-new" [possibly refurbished] phone) in the mail. I was getting pretty excited that my original S6 looked like it had took a turn for the better but now it is back to the original issue, so I'm not sure if I'm going to take the refurb or keep the original.

Is anyone running the following without issues?
-Nova Launcher
-Textra
-HD Widgets
-SplenDo

I am running Nova and if anything my screen is TOO sensitive lol. I will be scrolling down on this forum and my phone will think I am tapping posts to quote them lol.

Is there any way to turn DOWN the sensitivity?

Hilary Conley

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I love my Lollipop but I do have some problems.

1. Apps disappear. Completely. Not in App Manager, nor in Battery Usage. Gone. Lots of them. In fact, a whole screen's worth. Is it possible Lookout's not doing the job? This one's really important--I'm losing data.

2. My screen jumps around.

3. My Wi-Fi scans all the time (not a Lollipop problem.)

I'll add some more when I remember them. 😀

Hoping for help,

h-

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Taking some times 3 or more presses to open anything, this on the bare screen, no protector or case. I've uninstalled Nova for the time being and am back with TW to see if it makes any difference. Seems better so far but then I notice it a bit sometimes although still better. I'm not looking forward to doing an exchange as my battery life is excellent no issues with that. My 14 days is up soon tho. I'm kind of surprised only one other person said they were having this when I commented about it in the "issues" thread.

Mine is almost too sensitive.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't know. I'm not convinced it's hardware. I had pretty severe issues in exactly the areas you described. It was especially bad when using the phone while it was laying on a table. After a factory reset and using stock Touchwiz for a while (about 48hrs) the issue magically disappeared. My phone has been flawlessly responsive for three days now. Hardware doesn't just fix itself. I'm more inclined to believe it's initial samsung firmware bugs combined with the initial build of lollipop being a pile of hot garbage.
I find the touch is too sensitivity too and really annoying.
Its not a hardware problem and can be fix with software update. There were also tocuh issues on old Note 3, Note 2014 SM-P600/SM-P605 and Samsung released updates to minimize the touch sensitivity issues.
Just need to make Samsung aware oh the problem and they would fix it with firmware updates.

Audra Dunbar

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the same problem since I put a screen protector on my new s6 Have only had the phone less than 2 weeks and now I can't even open my phone because it's not recognizing any taps now. So FURIOUS!!!

Audra Dunbar

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the same problem since I put a screen protector on my new s6 Have only had the phone less than 2 weeks and now I can't even open my phone because it's not recognizing any taps now. So FURIOUS!!!

mxlav

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I've had the S6 edge for a bout a month now...stock launcher, and it just started having this issue this morning....I need to tap 5-6 times before it registers the touch. And it anywhere on the screen, not just the edges. Same issue in/out of case, flat or up, plugged in and not plugged in, safe mode...no change.

I tried Nova for fun, same issue, tried rebooting, same issue.

Not sure it related or not, but since last night I have this voice mail notice that won't go away, even though I deleted the voice mail.
I've also had the phone go berserk on me a few times and it tried to go split screen, but telling me the current app i was in didn't support split screen.

:mad:

alhersch

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have small problems with touch screen issue, but more with reception issue. I sent my phone in to Samsung this week and I will try to update when it returns.

Al

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
My S6 has an issue where it'll take several taps to get it to recognize, but I also have an issue where I will hit a key on the keyboard and it thinks i'm hitting something else. I can type 'Hello' and it comes out 'He34321ll34o' so I think the digitizer is going out. Does the same thing with app icons, I'll hit one and other app will open.

Regardless it's going back to Samsung to replace the screen once I can get an old phone activated to use while it's gone.