remove Camera short cut from lock screen Galaxy S6 with 5.0.2

Shaun Powell

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Just got off the phone with AT&T customer service, who called Samsung. Apparently it was a lollipop OS thing and can not be removed. However, the rep from Samsung stated that there would be a new update, Marshmallow OS, in the next few weeks and it should make it a removable item. I guess we'll see. Good luck! :)

TeleF

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I agree with all these posts - It is stupid to require the camera shortcut on the lockscreen.
Some people suggested that we perhaps look at alternative lockscreen apps, but the trouble is that 99.9% of those do not allow fingerprint unlock. The only one I found that does use fingerprint unlock is CM Locker, but that app renders your IR blaster useless, so it was a quick uninstall. As for waiting for Marshmallow...Well it's 6 months since that post and there is still no update for my model! Lastly - Those saying that it's like that on IOS...Really? Who wants to be the same as that...To get away from iOS and all its rubbish is the whole reason we are ANDROID users!:cool:

Eric Bachtell

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
The best way I have found to remove the camera icon on the lock screen - install Camera Block Free from Playstore. Once installed you get a widget that you can place on your main screen that Blocks or Unblocks the camera. If you have the camera "Blocked" then the icon does not show up on your lock screen.

Therefore to take a picture you have one extra click. Click to Unblock and then click the camera icon. The app is smart that once you click-it and unblock the camera, it will automatically "Block" the camera again after 5 minutes. And this 5-minutes is a setting in the app so you can set it to anything you want.

Michel Mallais

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I want to remove the camera shortcut form my new Samsung Galaxy S6 which is running android version 5.0.2.
I go to settings, personal and then to lockscreen and security and there is nothing. I browse and there is nothing.

I also would like to have to type in my PW before answering the phone which means I want to remove that shortcut too form the lockscreen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance