Weird issue

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a pin code to unlock my phone. I've noticed that if the keypad is not on the home screen, I can just swipe and bypass my pin. I thought maybe that the pin code was the issue, so I changed it from the pin to fingerprint/backup pw and its still doing the same thing. Is there a way to change this? It defeats the purpose of having a security on the phone if I can still bypass. In the screen shot, I have to hit the lock icon to bring up the keypad or the request for fingerprint and even if that lock icon is still there, I don't have to press it, I just have to swipe my screen and it'll unlock. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-24-13-54-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-24-13-54-47.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a pin code to unlock my phone. I've noticed that if the keypad is not on the home screen, I can just swipe and bypass my pin. I thought maybe that the pin code was the issue, so I changed it from the pin to fingerprint/backup pw and its still doing the same thing. Is there a way to change this? It defeats the purpose of having a security on the phone if I can still bypass. In the screen shot, I have to hit the lock icon to bring up the keypad or the request for fingerprint and even if that lock icon is still there, I don't have to press it, I just have to swipe my screen and it'll unlock. Any ideas?

It's because your using BT and you have that BT as a trusted device. When connected to a trusted device that you tell is trusted, the phone acts as if your right there with it and doesn't lock for easier access.

Turn off the BT and wait for a few seconds and try again. I bet your pin numbers pop up!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

What was posted above must be your issue. Look for your trusted devices in Security and manage them from there, or if you don't want to use this at all (I'd suggest to just use your fingerprint, it;s even faster and a lot more secure) just go to settings and in the Search field enter Smart Lock, just turn it off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1