Settings crash

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Everytime I try to check my storage in my settings it causes my settings to stop working. Touchwiz also stops working. This is my second s6 and things are not looking good. I am beyond frustrated.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Everytime I try to check my storage in my settings it causes my settings to stop working. Touchwiz also stops working. This is my second s6 and things are not looking good. I am beyond frustrated.

Wow, sorry about your issues, but you don't have to many options here, you will need to do a factory reset, something went wrong with the initial setup or installing your apps, but if you are willing to try something new it can help you do factory resets every day if necessary without to much hassle.

Look for Android ADB mode in Google, so you can download what you need but once you have the drivers and the ADB files ready you can follow this link, How to create a full backup of your Android device without root - TechRepublic and you can do a Full backup of your phone, if it works, you can reset your phone and then skip the initial setup, turn on USB debugging (Developer options) and connect your phone and do a restore, it makes this whole process a lot better and easier.

Give it a try and see what happens.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Somehow I fixed it. The only thing I'm struggling with is how to get estimated battery time back. I'm having awful luck.

Every time you reset the phone, it will lose the history that helps it calculate battery life remaining. I think you need at least one drain and charge cycle before it can calculate time remaining.

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks. Now I can't get my Google Chrome bookmarks to sync to the correct google account I have.

If you have more than 1 Google account, just remove the other want you don't want to sync with, and then go to Applications Manager and look for Chrome and do the Clear data, then go back to Chrome Sign in with the only account you still have and let it sync then go back and add the other Google account you just removed.

Just remeber to go to accounts and adjust the sync settings there so it doesn't sync services you don't need. If helps a lot with your battery.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Got it thanks. Last thing. There was an update that I downloaded from a site. Maybe see sort of Google play services update. Where is the link for that

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Got it thanks. Last thing. There was an update that I downloaded from a site. Maybe see sort of Google play services update. Where is the link for that

Check your version first in Applications Manager if it's 7.3.29 you already have latest one, if not and you want to sideload it, go to apkmirror site and look for it, just remember to download the one that ends with 440.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Well I must just use my phone intensively. Idk. Still says roughly 10 hours. But still getting same battery drain. Little better on screen time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci