Galaxy S6 is Crap by a Samsung Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

InVez

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I moved from a Note 4 to a Galaxy S6 64 GB.
i am going to share what i have been through with this Galaxy S6.
When i opened the sealed box i discovered that the simtray was not made so perfectly(picture). At the first moment i was dissapointed, but than i was like : let me try this phone out.

I started the Galaxy S6. It loaded fast, i signed in with all my accounts. Everything seemed to be Oke. But than i saw that white was not real white in the corners at the bottom of the screen. It is pinkish and in the middle a bit yellow. it was not really an issue for me cause i am used to these problems on other devices( I have owned all the samsung S and Note series)
I was inspecting the glass at the back and i saw a scratch. i used my shirt to wipe it but than it seemed to be inside the glass. Hmmm. ( see the picture yourself)
I looked at the front glass and saw more problems, the right corner at the bottom is more inside the frame than the left corner. The left corner is in 1 line with the frame.( picture )
Than at the top : when i press on the screen , i can see the glass moving and even when pressing at the bezel side the glass moves.

I bought the S6 on the 21st of april , today the 26th of april the samsung gave more problems. The battery was more than 50 percent. i left it on the table and when i came back after 1 or 2 minutes to pick it up the phone couldnt go on anymore. I pressed and holded the power button, but no action. i tried to plug it into the the charger , nothing happened, not even the led light nor a screen that the phone is charging. I plugged in on my pc and no connection, the pc couldnt find any usb/media.

I have used all types of samsung phones, but this one is the Worst. i was so happy with my Note 4 but i saw the camera of the S6 and thats why i switched to the S6. The camera is really good and have never seen so beautifull selfies with a phone.

The phone has warranty so i will bring it there but wont get a new phone, they will repair it ( that what they( T-Mobile Netherland) told me through the phone.

* belief me, i am a Android-Fan and user and dislike apple ( for those who are thinking that i am bashing Android/Samsung)*

Are there more of you having problems with the S6?

Attachments

• SDC10011.jpg
    SDC10011.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 650
  • SDC10010.jpg
    SDC10010.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 674
  • SDC10009.jpg
    SDC10009.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 696
  • SDC10006.jpg
    SDC10006.jpg
    678.3 KB · Views: 891

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I moved from a Note 4 to a Galaxy S6 64 GB.
i am going to share what i have been through with this Galaxy S6.
When i opened the sealed box i discovered that the simtray was not made so perfectly(picture). At the first moment i was dissapointed, but than i was like : let me try this phone out.

I started the Galaxy S6. It loaded fast, i signed in with all my accounts. Everything seemed to be Oke. But than i saw that white was not real white in the corners at the bottom of the screen. It is pinkish and in the middle a bit yellow. it was not really an issue for me cause i am used to these problems on other devices( I have owned all the samsung S and Note series)
I was inspecting the glass at the back and i saw a scratch. i used my shirt to wipe it but than it seemed to be inside the glass. Hmmm. ( see the picture yourself)
I looked at the front glass and saw more problems, the right corner at the bottom is more inside the frame than the left corner. The left corner is in 1 line with the frame.( picture )
Than at the top : when i press on the screen , i can see the glass moving and even when pressing at the bezel side the glass moves.

I bought the S6 on the 21st of april , today the 26th of april the samsung gave more problems. The battery was more than 50 percent. i left it on the table and when i came back after 1 or 2 minutes to pick it up the phone couldnt go on anymore. I pressed and holded the power button, but no action. i tried to plug it into the the charger , nothing happened, not even the led light nor a screen that the phone is charging. I plugged in on my pc and no connection, the pc couldnt find any usb/media.

I have used all types of samsung phones, but this one is the Worst. i was so happy with my Note 4 but i saw the camera of the S6 and thats why i switched to the S6. The camera is really good and have never seen so beautifull selfies with a phone.

The phone has warranty so i will bring it there but wont get a new phone, they will repair it ( that what they( T-Mobile Netherland) told me through the phone.

* belief me, i am a Android-Fan and user and dislike apple ( for those who are thinking that i am bashing Android/Samsung)*

Are there more of you having problems with the S6?

I hear you and maybe the s6 just isnt for you, thats cool. Issues here and there but the s6 is the best android that I have ever had and that includes the note 4, g3, turbo, motox and whatever others throughout the years. I also have an iphone 6 and put the S6 even with it. Better at some things and not as good at other things. I just like Android OS and in 6 months or sooner depending on the g4 something better will come along.

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I've had 2 S6's already and both had cosmetic flaws right out of the box. The one had a really good size nick in aluminum under the home button (iPhone scratch gate all over again) and discoloration in one of the antenna lines. The glass on the black one was protruding on the back and had a scuff on the aluminum side.

I don't believe that any of these will be "Perfect" right out of the box.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
if u got it on the 21st you'll be able to get a new phone ... seems like u got a dud so I'd consider a new one before making a decision.

also, seems like the T-Mobile S6, for whatever reason, is having more issues than Verizon. if you're an Android/Samsung fan, I don't see how you wouldn't love this device. Assuming you're cool with the non removable battery and SD, it should be the best device you've owned, or a close 2nd compared to the Note if you prefer the pen and larger display.

personally, I plan to upgrade both my S4 and Nexus 4, but am waiting for something with a larger battery. I realize it's only $45 to replace, but I plan on holding onto my next device for 3 years, and I'm just not gonna sign up for such a small battery. It's a great phone though, but battery is my #1 concern next to camera. Aesthetics are at the bottom of my list.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like most of these problems are from people on tmobile. Perhaps it's something they are doing when they add their stuff and handle the phones. My Verizon s6 edge is the most beautiful smartphone I've seen.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like most of these problems are from people on tmobile. Perhaps it's something they are doing when they add their stuff and handle the phones. My Verizon s6 edge is the most beautiful smartphone I've seen.

Yup. Mine's been flawless both aesthetically and functionally right out of the box.

InVez

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I think there is a difference with T-Mobile Netherland and those in the U.S. Cause the phone doesnt have any T-Mobile apps.
Its not branded. I think this is a manufacture problem.

In Netherland we dont have alot branded phones. And are not simlocked even.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
My pearl white 64gb s6 is on ATT and I haven't noticed any problems. I'm sorry yours had those flaws. Definitely take it back to the store you got it from and get a new one.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you feel that way. I had a Note 4, now my S6, and I love it.

Hope you find a phone that'll work for you! :).

Last edited:

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Unlucky series of issues, for sure, but it can happen even with the best manufacturers. I'm T-Mobile USA and my build quality has been fantastic - zero flaws.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Got mine with T-Mobile and it's flawless. I am very friendly with the store mgr and asked if they had returns for defects or battery issues etc. This is a high volume corp store who ran out of initial stock quickly and have received new batches. He said no returns for device issues at all but a couple have exchanged their edges for the regular s6...and he knows of one that did the opposite.

You are within the return window, right? Call and just ask for a replacement (if you are not able to visit a corp store)....shouldn't be a big deal at all. A little more frustrating if you have to wait for delivery. But worth it.

This is the same thing the iPhone's I through at launch... In fact its been even worse for apple...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I was gonna say get a replacement and then do the tweaks... A lot of people are getting 4+ hours of screen time with this phone is it's definitely capable of it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I was gonna say get a replacement and then do the tweaks... A lot of people are getting 4+ hours of screen time with this phone is it's definitely capable of it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

Yup, I could easily get well over 5 hours SOT if I specifically tried, but I find the 3-4 hours I normally get is all I really need.

meguy67

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

I have an AT&T phone and I don't see any problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.