Unable to access Samsung Account/Theme Store

intelo2

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I can no longer access my samsung account. I had previously disabled the app along with some other bloat. When I tried to access new themes I re-enabled the account app and corresponding apps as well. I can now no longer sync the account. Every time I go into Settings>Accounts, and select Samsung account it instantly opens and closes. I now can't sign in, or download themes. I cleared my cache already. Any additional advice?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I can no longer access my samsung account. I had previously disabled the app along with some other bloat. When I tried to access new themes I re-enabled the account app and corresponding apps as well. I can now no longer sync the account. Every time I go into Settings>Accounts, and select Samsung account it instantly opens and closes. I now can't sign in, or download themes. I cleared my cache already. Any additional advice?

Go to the Applications Manager and look for the Samsung Account and Galaxy Apps applications and clear cache and data for both, then I'd remove the Samsung Account if it's still there in the Accounts menu and then sign in to it again (create your account in the phone) then try again.

intelo2

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I've tried those. The Samsung account was not even listed with the other accounts. When I click to add an account and then select it, that's when it instantly opens and then closes. Wondering if there is some random app I have disabled that's still causing this. I've re-enabled every samsung app.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I've tried those. The Samsung account was not even listed with the other accounts. When I click to add an account and then select it, that's when it instantly opens and then closes. Wondering if there is some random app I have disabled that's still causing this. I've re-enabled every samsung app.

So what you are saying is that you go to Applications Manager and go to the All tab and when you scroll down you don't see a Samsung Account App? If yes, that's weird as I have mine there and I remember my previous Samsung devices having it also.

If you don't manage to get it that way, try a Wipe Cache partition in recovery mode, and then try again, if still nothing then go back to recovery mode and do a Wipe data /Factory reset, kind of a pain but try a backup first with Samsung Smart Switch to make the process a little easier.

intelo2

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
So what you are saying is that you go to Applications Manager and go to the All tab and when you scroll down you don't see a Samsung Account App? If yes, that's weird as I have mine there and I remember my previous Samsung devices having it also.

If you don't manage to get it that way, try a Wipe Cache partition in recovery mode, and then try again, if still nothing then go back to recovery mode and do a Wipe data /Factory reset, kind of a pain but try a backup first with Samsung Smart Switch to make the process a little easier.

The samsung account IS in the application manager. It is the account settings where the issue is. I can't open it to even put account information in. I also did the wipe cache partition with no luck. As nice as it'd be to be able to download themes down the road, I don't care enough to do a factory reset. Thanks for the advice though.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The samsung account IS in the application manager. It is the account settings where the issue is. I can't open it to even put account information in. I also did the wipe cache partition with no luck. As nice as it'd be to be able to download themes down the road, I don't care enough to do a factory reset. Thanks for the advice though.

So, did you clear the cache and data of that? I know you are talking about the Account itself, but they are related, what I don't know is if clearing cache and data of the Samsung Account will also clear any error on the Account settings, like the one you have, that's why I asked you to try it.

intelo2

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately it is still unresolved. I have tried every possible fix, except for a factory reset. Perhaps that will fix it, but I rather not spend the time. If you try it, let me know if it works.

mrobjo

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi I had this problem with my s6 a while back and I had to do a complete reset to get it all working again . I don't know what caused it , most likely me while trying to tweak the phone . I keep things quite simple on my phone so a reset was not touch of a hassle , I hope you find a solution , without doing a reset .

Posted via the Android Central App

MarkB703

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue - also tried the above (re-enable samsung account app, clear data, clear cache - try to re-add the account).

Recap:
I recently noticed the issue when trying to download a new theme (which I hadn't tried in a while)
I had previously disabled the samsung account app, so I re-enabled it
I do not see the samsung account in my list of active accounts, and when I try to add it as a new account, it fails
Trying to download a theme or login to my samsung account through the themes menu causes the same split-second "Loading" screen referenced above.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue - also tried the above (re-enable samsung account app, clear data, clear cache - try to re-add the account).

Recap:
I recently noticed the issue when trying to download a new theme (which I hadn't tried in a while)
I had previously disabled the samsung account app, so I re-enabled it
I do not see the samsung account in my list of active accounts, and when I try to add it as a new account, it fails
Trying to download a theme or login to my samsung account through the themes menu causes the same split-second "Loading" screen referenced above.

Back up everything on all your accounts. Factory reset may be an option. Have you tried logging into your account online?

MarkB703

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Back up everything on all your accounts. Factory reset may be an option. Have you tried logging into your account online?

I logged in online fine. The issue is that there doesn't seem to be a way to access the samsung account app on my phone, or to be presented with a login prompt in the theme store.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I logged in online fine. The issue is that there doesn't seem to be a way to access the samsung account app on my phone, or to be presented with a login prompt in the theme store.

You've clear that the storage app cache and cleared the cache partition?

andrei spo

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Same problem y have, after instal an app that let me choose what type or permission can y switch off of all my apps ..Samsung apps won't let me log in, y did al factory reset en wipe partitions ...still nothing

ybnrml86

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue on my S6 and it was due to the Reactivation lock. To fix this you must first disable it. Go to findmymobile.samsung.com and login with the same account that the phone is under. Then go to Unlock my device and choose Disable Reactivation lock. Then you can add the Samsung account and everything like normal and re-enable the lock if you would like.

Easy Peasy no reset.

andrei spo

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
The remote controls is disabled and with out a Samsung account i can't enable it, and with out remote control i can't access may Samsung account, and can't disable the activation lock....:((

radulica

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue on my S6 and it was due to the Reactivation lock. To fix this you must first disable it. Go to findmymobile.samsung.com and login with the same account that the phone is under. Then go to Unlock my device and choose Disable Reactivation lock. Then you can add the Samsung account and everything like normal and re-enable the lock if you would like.

Easy Peasy no reset.

Where do you find a "Disable Reactivation Lock" under Unlock my device? I've got the account, remote controls enabled and everything and don't see that option. Also, I tried disabling the reactivation lock under my Security settings, and after unchecking it which is followed by the warning message, it doesn't prompt me for the samsung account credentials. It just immediatly checks back the box by itself afterwards. It's like the phone can't access the credentials menu or something. No matter where I try to login or add the account, it just ignores that click and resumes whatever it was doing before. It's god damn annoying.

Also this could get ****y because in the case of a factory reset it should prompt the samsung account credentials (reactivation lock) and if the phone is unable to do that in the first place, you might end up in a weird loophole where you can't reset your phone. I really don't know what to do.

intelo2

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Easy Peasy no reset.

Happy to report that this fixed everything for me.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site

Easy Peasy no reset.

MANY, MANY thanks for this! I had installed Package Disabler Pro, and it screwed me up completely. Great fix!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49