Chrome issue.

clemsy

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I noticed today that when I have Chrome opened and go to lock the phone via the power button. The screen will blink very quickly before locking.

In a normal situation, I get the locking animation of the screen very smoothly. It only happens when Chrome is open on the screen and I go to lock the device does it flash/blink before doing the locking animation.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Clear Chrome cache. That could be done inside the app or under settings - apps. If you have lots of tabs opened try to close some of them. See if that helps.

clemsy

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I tried doing that, and uninstalling updates and reinstalling, nothing seems to work atm.

Wasn't sure if it is a software thing or a hardware thing, cause other apps don't seem to have this problem.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes I've seen that after closing Chrome the icons on the homescreen are redrawn. But that's with phones with 1gb of ram or less. The S6 shouldn't have that problem. Does the same happen if you close all the tabs and then lock the phone?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I had some scrolling issues with chrome start to crop up so(FWIW)I tried the new opera beta and am quite surprised with it. Is much faster and smoother than I previously remembered. I'm liking it better.