Kies/ Smart Switch data transfer

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, question;

How do we transfer data, music, or videos from computer to the s6? Used to be able to use KIES but now it says it's not compatible and to use smart switch instead. But smart switch is for transferring of back up phone data etc... There's no way I can pick and select the files I want to transfer onto the phone like before..

Am I missing something? I'm using mac btw.

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can. Here's how:

Start Smart Switch, see the little ⋀ up arrow or ⋁ down arrow next to SAMSUNG-SM-G9XX? Click on the down arrow to expand. Click or double click on the folder icon.

ss1_edited-1.jpg

Double click on "internal memory."
ss2.jpg

Now you can open more folders and drag and drop just like normal. It seems to be a really basic file browser; for example you need to open a folder before dragging files into it.

ss3.jpg

I've used Smart Switch and am pretty darned happy with it. I connects every time. Something that Android File Transfer wouldn't do.

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Nevermind manage to download it from another mirror site.... Don't know why I'm not getting it from Samsung's site itself...

But anyway thanks a lot! :)

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember that screen. Is that one of the initial set up screens? Have you done a backup yet? The screens I'm showing are on my iMac. I'm thinking if you follow those screen instructions, you'll get to the screen that I show in the first pic. That's the screen that I get when I start Smart Switch and connect my phone.

ntvtxn

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Everything I've read about Smart Switch says it's for helping switch from an old phone to a new Samsung phone. But I saw a tiny line somewhere on a UK site that it can sync every day with Outlook. Anyone know if this feature works? Thanks!

AK in PA

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can. Here's how:

Start Smart Switch, see the little ⋀ up arrow or ⋁ down arrow next to SAMSUNG-SM-G9XX? Click on the down arrow to expand. Click or double click on the folder icon.

New person here, wanting to back up my entire Victory not just the phone data. Keeping my calendar is important, must keep record of my work assignment locations. I don't see what you have stated/illustrated above only the icons for programs to open the downloaded files. As in MS Office/Outlook, Adobe, Word etc. I don't know where to go from here. I'm pretty well ignorant of smartphone operations. Help!
AK

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I've downloaded the SmartSwitch from here and works fine. My only complaint is Kies3 on my laptop works fine and have to use SmartSwitch on my desktop. Both are running Windows 7 Pro. Go figure.

Posted via the Android Central App

lonzdale

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello
Was wondering if anyone can help me?
Had a replacement phone today s5 neo in place of my standard s5.
Backed my s5 up yesterday using kies 3......went to restore my new s5 neo and its saying that its not supported and that i should use smart switch.
My question is....does smart switch read kies 3 files?
If not then is there another a way i can restore my files that are stored in kies 3?
I'm in desperate need to get my contacts back for work etc and not too fussed about anything else.

Please help :'(
A very desperate
Paul

lonzdale

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
i ended up borrowing a friends s3, saving then deleting all their numbers, uploading my numbers from kies on the s3, syncing with google and samsung accounts, then uploading them to my new s5 neo straight from there.....wish i had known that before i gave my old phone in......what a palaver :/

mobone51

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I am using smart switch pc with a Galaxy note 3 (SM-N9005) Version 5.0 connected and do not see the folder Icon. Am I missing something?

krous

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
/Users/YOURACCOUNT/Samsung/SmartSwitch

Here is where SmartSwitch stores the backup on a Mac, in case someone (like I did) needs that.
Good idea if you make a backup copy of that on an hdd occasionally.

Hope that helps.

RJStanford

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
As per the reply above, I do not have a folder icon to select. is there a way to deselect smartswitch and go back to using kies? When I open kies it tells me that "the connected device is supported through Smart Switch, which is faster and more convenient"

I tried uninstalling smart switch and I still get the message

My smartswitch screen has no folder icon, I would like to be able to organize music into playlists

Anyone??

Sykesy

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I too was frustrated by how crap Smartswitch appears to be in comparison to old (& very easy to use !) Kies3 - no file icon, mine doesn't even register the tel no of my phone. GRRR !!!
By chance i clicked on restore, & at least more info/options came up - along with the long-lost folder icon ! From there I just clicked on each track I wanted to transfer from laptop to phone , right click- send to, & hooray - music on phone.
Any good ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney