Why can't I send a picture via text?

A

AC Question

why can't i send a picture via text

Just upgraded to Galaxy S6 yesterday and I've tried to send a picture via text message and it wont work. Just show sending with circle spinning. HELP!

Charise

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, though it really only seems to apply to pictures I'm sending to friends with Iphones. I bought my phone from my carrier and have double checked and my APN is correct. I've also turned off the wifi. Any thoughts?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: why can't i send a picture via text

Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure mobile data is on? MMS requires mobile data to be on--it doesn't get sent over voice signal or wi-fi.

Which carrier do you have? If you didn't get your S6 directly from your carrier, you may need to see if the APN settings are correct: What is an APN, and how do I change it? | Android Central

Yeah, you can't when sending to an iPhone. Only email or by other means. But not by text. I'm on AT&T, and can't to an AT&T iPhone 5c. Tried it earlier today.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, you can't when sending to an iPhone. Only email or by other means. But not by text. I'm on AT&T, and can't to an AT&T iPhone 5c. Tried it earlier today.

You're saying you can't send MMS messages to iPhones? Could you clarify more please?

I used a 6+ for awhile and you can send MMS back and forth no problem.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

Yea that's pretty scary considering my wife and many friends have iPhones. If this is true, its basically a deal breaker for me getting the S6.

tabs31

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

If this is true, then it's yet another shocking screw up by Samsung. I have had an S3, an S4, and currently have an S5 and have never had a problem sending and receiving pictures to iPhone via mms.

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

I send and receive pictures to people with iPhones and Androids at least every other day. No issues.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea that's pretty scary considering my wife and many friends have iPhones. If this is true, its basically a deal breaker for me getting the S6.

We will have to have him clarify. If Android users couldn't send pictures between iPhone friends there would be a lot of angry customers.

I had my 6+ and could text pictures back and forth and I do to this day send pictures back and forth with friends on iPhones and on AT&T.

Now if he meant texting the email address.. I'd have to agree. That wouldn't really work.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I have friends with iPhones on AT&T, and I've never had issues sending them MMS.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You're saying you can't send MMS messages to iPhones? Could you clarify more please?

I used a 6+ for awhile and you can send MMS back and forth no problem.

That's correct. I don't understand it as well. But this contact is a friend of mine and who has a 5c on AT&T and for what ever reason I can't send her a pic I saved from the Web (not taken from my phone but down loaded from a website). It doesn't make sense. Others, who might also have iphones work without issue. But when I tried to send her a photo, I get every option including Android beaming, email, and so on... Just no mms/text option with stock app.
Didn't try textra or non stock options.

I'm almost thinking about trying a non stock solution for the first time because she is like a sister to me and we talk and send texts all day long and this is the second time I tried to send her something that I downloaded from the web.

I'll take a pic today and send a test mms to her from my phone, or try to send the attachment in a different way starting from the default texting app instead of from the sharing button of the pic. Looks like this... >

It could be that just "share" button doesn't have that option and you have to use the texting app and hit the attachment button.

I didn't think hard about this issue as I just sent it by email instead and forgot to play with this to test it. Sorry for Any confusion I may have caused.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

I'm on AT&T and use the stock messaging app. Everyone else in my family has iphones. We send pics back and forth all the time (pretty much daily) and it works fine*

* except that the 16m pics from the s6 are so large that I can usually only attach 2 at a time max...which is kind of a pain.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Update: for the stock Samsung texting app you can send a pic without issue, just use the attachment button. But for some reason, if you try to "share" a pic from the gallery then it does not give you the option to send it by text.

Posted via the zenfone 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Update: for the stock Samsung texting app you can send a pic without issue, just use the attachment button. But for some reason, if you try to "share" a pic from the gallery then it does not give you the option to send it by text.

Posted via the zenfone 2

Wow that is odd.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Posted via the zenfone 2
Mine gives me the option and always has. uploadfromtaptalk1433345504798.jpg

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

This isn't true at all. I send pics to friends, my wife, my brother and all have iPhones.

Go into your messaging app settings and check the APN. Also check the settings for the size of the pic you're sending. There's usually a 1MB limit on picture messages but I think att shrinks that down to 600 kb.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I believe he means once you send it -- He gets the option but once he sends it the other phone never receives it.
Something must be wrong with his phone then. Everyone in my family but me has an iPhone and I send them pictures this way all of the time. Even pictures I've downloaded from the Web. That's not normal.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Mine gives me the option and always has. View attachment 179489

I'm looking at your pic and I don't see the Samsung default texting app listed in your pic. THAT, is what I'm saying. Samsung forgot to add it when you are trying to use the Samsung app from the gallery. Other texting apps show up no problem.