My only complaint on the Galaxy S6 is the speaker placement.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So far...is the location of the speaker on the S6. The way I hold my phone I always block the speaker haha. At first I thought the speaker was terrible then I realized if I lift my fingers out of the way it's great!! Haha darn.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So are you holding the phone the normal way and using speaker? Also is this while on a phone call or ?

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
So far...is the location of the speaker on the S6. The way I hold my phone I always block the speaker haha. At first I thought the speaker was terrible then I realized if I lift my fingers out of the way it's great!! Haha darn.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree. I thought something was wrong with my phone while watching a YouTube video. My hand was covering up the speaker... Not a great place to put the holes.

J

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The speaker's just plain terrible no matter where they put it.

Posted via the Android Central App

I agree but it is better than past iterations. The placement on the bottom of GS6 is better than the back.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Well, I haven't had a chance to try out Pandora yet, or iheart radio, but what I heard from ringtones playing or playing the music files I have copied over, I like the sound of the way they play on my S6 edge.

I now can keep the volume at mid range and still hear them fine where as the S5 I had to crank the volume up all the way to get a decent volume.

cellomj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
That speaker is on the bottom as well -- so not sure how that comes into play. I personally say the S6 has a great speaker.

Agree completely. I always thought my wifes 2013 Moto X had a pretty great mono speaker, but the S 6's is a little better. Definitely better than my old LG G3.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, once you use a phone with front facing speakers, anything else is just..... Yuck.

Nothing wrong with the S6 speaker, it's just fine in my book. It did take me a day or two to not rest my finger there when playing a game. It's far better than if it was on the back.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Am I the only one that doesn't care much for front facing speakers? I previously had the HTC M8 and wasn't *that* impressed with the external audio quality and I must confess, I'm a bit of an audiophile. That said, I use high end earphones if I'm serious about listening to music/movies/gaming.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that doesn't care much for front facing speakers? I previously had the HTC M8 and wasn't *that* impressed with the external audio quality and I must confess, I'm a bit of an audiophile. That said, I use high end earphones if I'm serious about listening to music/movies/gaming.

Even though I would like stereo speakers, the M9 don't appeal to me. I also use QC20 headphones.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, once you use a phone with front facing speakers, anything else is just..... Yuck.

Nothing wrong with the S6 speaker, it's just fine in my book. It did take me a day or two to not rest my finger there when playing a game. It's far better than if it was on the back.

I had the M7/M8 and I am fine with the S6. Just goes to show some may differ in that regard :).

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Headphones are often impractical or just too much hassle eg listening whilst doing chores, eating etc. I even use the speakers whilst warming up/stretching before hitting the gym! The HTC One speakers are ridiculously good and very difficult to give up. Youtube trailers come to life :)
The S6 speakers will be acceptable to many. They're loud and functional I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze