Can I get some help with an issue with Google Messenger on S6?

JustinHall05

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Issue with Google Messenger on S6

Hi guys,

New to Android here, but really enjoying my new S6. I really like the look and feel of Google Messenger, but I ran into a couple of oddities.

1) It would occasionally split text conversations even though it was the same person...Let me elaborate...I get a message from Victoria and I respond...next thing I know she replies and there are two threads for her now...one where we left off and one with her response.

2) It would confuse contacts randomly. I would get a text from Denise...the top of the message would say Brandon, yet the bubbles next to the messages would say D and if you pressed it you would get sent to the contact information for Denise...

That is all I can think of. I am using Textra now, which is excellent, but I would like to go back to Messenger if I can figure those issues out.

Thanks!

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Issue with Google Messenger on S6

Im of no help, but wanted to confirm that I had both of these things happen about a week and a half ago, and it hasnt done it since. It was very confusing!

monofurioso

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Issue with Google Messenger on S6

Anyone have more recent experience with this? I abandoned Messenger due to this issue, but I'd prefer to go back. Curious if problems are still recurring or if they've been resolved?