Notifications interrupting audio

Ju1es

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
The "Don't Pause!" app has provided an automatic work around for me. I upgraded to the pro version. It auto detects headphones, or a bluetooth device, and stops notification sounds while playing music.

Thank you tosinwashere.

informatimago

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
******* no! I know perfectly well what's more important for me! I ******* don't care about twitter or skype notifications every ten second, I want to listen to my clip!

This is typically a case where the programmer believes he knows better than the user (and I'm a programmer!).

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I agree, it's annoying at the gym. I get into a groove and then bam, no music! Thanks for the tip to use the app Don't pause. I'll give it a try.

"It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine."

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I have both an iPhone six plus and an S6 and I definitely notice this on my S6 when notifications come through while I'm watching YouTube videos. It's ridiculous how long it takes and usually I end up rewinding the video to watch what I missed. Even in silent mode it does the same thing where it becomes silent just for a vibration. Wtf is up with that

Mark Shor

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I think the point is to be given the option to have it act the way a user wishes. I know some applications have the choice to lower the volume of what is playing when a notification comes in. I don't want anybody telling me what I prefer, if I did i would get an iPhone :)

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I think the point is to be given the option to have it act the way a user wishes. I know some applications have the choice to lower the volume of what is playing when a notification comes in. I don't want anybody telling me what I prefer, if I did i would get an iPhone :)

At least iPhone knows how to do proper updates for their phones

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
All the Nexus devices I have used simply incorporate the notification sound into the media that is playing, and it does it in a way that you can still clearly the the notification. It's almost as if the S6 only has one channel for audio, and when a notification comes in it switches the channel to the notification, and then switches back to the original audio. It's highly annoying. Anyone think Samsung reads these forums?

In a related issue, has anyone here had their S6 paired to a Bluetooth speaker and streaming music? If you open the camera app and snap a photo, the music coming from the Bluetooth speaker will stop, the camera shutter sound will emit from the Bluetooth speaker, and then after 4-5 seconds resume the music (sometimes it doesn't even resume). This is very annoying at BBQs when you pull out your phone to take a photo and cut the music that everyone is listening to. All you wanted to do was take a photo!

ThePoopsmith

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I finally upgraded my HTC M7 yesterday and have spent the last 24 hours configuring and getting adjusted to my new S6.

There are always a few things about every phone that I do not like, which is why it took me so long to upgrade.
You want to remove the expandable storage option and force me to buy the more expensive model or use your dumb cloud? Stupid, but I get it.
You want to remove the replaceable battery so we're forced to upgrade when the thing no longer holds a charge? Stupid, but I get it.
You want to not give us front facing speakers even though everyone agrees that's where they should be? Stupid, I don't get it.
You want to put an old school clicky button between two capacitive buttons on the front of your phone? Ugly, but most people have bad taste.

I can look past all of those issues. Nobody bothered to make a phone with all of the right components in 2015 anyway, so I've lowered my standards. Everyone else seems to love iPhones and Galaxys and giant monster clown phones, so the issue is clearly with me.

But this Notifications Interrupting My Music While Connected Via Bluetooth To My Car Audio System issue had me on the verge of throwing this phone out my window on the highway today (I have the extended coverage). This is completely asinine as a default feature, and on top of that it's rude and insulting not to include a way to turn it off or make it function how others in this thread have noted it should.

If anyone has the contact information of anyone at Samsung working on updates to this phone or the S7, please let me know. I need to have a civilized adult conversation with someone about this.

Thank you.

Gamingjunkie

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I finally upgraded my HTC M7 yesterday and have spent the last 24 hours configuring and getting adjusted to my new S6.

There are always a few things about every phone that I do not like, which is why it took me so long to upgrade.
You want to remove the expandable storage option and force me to buy the more expensive model or use your dumb cloud? Stupid, but I get it.
You want to remove the replaceable battery so we're forced to upgrade when the thing no longer holds a charge? Stupid, but I get it.
You want to not give us front facing speakers even though everyone agrees that's where they should be? Stupid, I don't get it.
You want to put an old school clicky button between two capacitive buttons on the front of your phone? Ugly, but most people have bad taste.

I can look past all of those issues. Nobody bothered to make a phone with all of the right components in 2015 anyway, so I've lowered my standards. Everyone else seems to love iPhones and Galaxys and giant monster clown phones, so the issue is clearly with me.

But this Notifications Interrupting My Music While Connected Via Bluetooth To My Car Audio System issue had me on the verge of throwing this phone out my window on the highway today (I have the extended coverage). This is completely asinine as a default feature, and on top of that it's rude and insulting not to include a way to turn it off or make it function how others in this thread have noted it should.

If anyone has the contact information of anyone at Samsung working on updates to this phone or the S7, please let me know. I need to have a civilized adult conversation with someone about this.

Thank you.
I totally agree and thank you.

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I just bought the note 5 a few days ago and the notifications are driving me nuts! Im trying to watch videos and stuff and every few seconds ill get a Facebook post or text and the video pauses and stays that way, i shouldnt have to disable notifications to get this to stop, my HTC 1 just played the sound quietly in the background with no interference with whatever i was doing or watching ... i hope this can get fix in an update or patch

avaio

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I've used HTC, LG, and a bunch of other Android phones. They all act in a similar way. My back up phone is a HTC One m8 Btw.

Posted via the Android Central App

Clearly you've never really used your me

Sorry to tip in my 2 cents at this late stage, I was looking for a solution to this very same issue, it's driving me batty!

Has anyone succeeded in touching base with Samsung or found a way to turn this off or manipulate it to play along with audio?
I've considered buying back another m8 or waiting for the m10.
Another issue I have is notifications that I set to silent keep coming back as default after a while, anyone else notice this? Calendar in particular

Magicman1005

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I just switched from iPhone to the S6 and love it, however I too have the same problem. I use the wireless charging a lot and if I'm playing music the notification causes the messed up volume change, I see what it is and if it's a text or something I pick up my phone to respond then when I put my phone down to charge again it does the notification volume change.

I'd like it play the notification sound over what's playing. That way just charging your phone doesn't cause that. I don't like having to switch the phone to silent because I miss notifications. This is a first I've ever experienced across androids and iPhone's.

RedBarchetta

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Agree with a couple of posters, Don't Pause is a really good app. I stream music in the car and FB notifications, text messages and such, drop the volume. Don't Pause was my solution! It simply works. Just try it, you'll like it!

S Sasha

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't have a problem when u I get notifications. It plays over whatever I'm listening too. But if u don't want any sound completely all you have to do is turn volume down till you see the settings icon on the right. Click it and you get more volume options.
Just turn system and notifications all the way down so you won get any sound notifications when you listening to music.

avaio

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You may be the only person whose notifications does not lower or pause the sound of your music or other media playback. Whats your secret

jeffi7

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Seems like "do not disturb mode" does the job, although it completely silence the notifications. It's under "sounds and notification" or in quick settings.
GS5 Lollipop.

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone thought about the do not disturb option on the phone surely if you want to listen to your music without being disturbed then this would be the best option and then you can select if your calls or what ever stop your music

avaio

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
This discussion was about having our notifications play along with audio. Like it does with other phones

Of course having do not disturb helps, but that's not what we're discussing

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
My honest feeling about this is your not looking for a real answer to your problem just to complain about it, I wish you luck and maybe suggest taking this up with Samsung as clearly this is who this is aimed at

Magicman1005

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
My honest feeling about this is your not looking for a real answer to your problem just to complain about it, I wish you luck and maybe suggest taking this up with Samsung as clearly this is who this is aimed at

The purpose of this thread is to find a 'real' solution. We'd like the notification sound to play over the music like all other smartphones do. Don't Pause helps but I'd still like the notification sound to play over the music, so has anyone found a real solution to this problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12