Wireless Charging experience

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So how's it going for those that have used wireless charging stands or mats with their devices? I, for one, am extremely underwhelmed. I used to have a Palm Pre and loved the Touchstone and thought that I'd have at least a comparable experience if I got wireless charging accessories for the S6, but there is no comparison so far. The Pre and the Touchstone are far better than either of the two wireless chargers I've tried and the S6. The Pre and the Touchstone had very powerful magnets and I didn't even need to align the device to it, as the magnet took care of that but that's not the case with the Qi-enabled charging Firstway stand that I got or the Duracell Powermat that I also acquired. I need to align the phone carefully to get it to charge and it loses alignment quite easily. With the stand it's a bigger issue as the phone seems to need a very specific spot, even though the thing supposedly has 3 coils so it's more consistent, according to the product.

So maybe it's that I have a finicky phone, or that the chargers that I bought are not good enough, so that's why I wonder how has it worked for those that have also tried to charge their S6 with wireless chargers.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Duracell Powermat, PowerBot, and CHOE wireless chargers. The Powermat is my least favorite, since you have to carefully it the sweet spot when you place the S6 on it. I use the CHOE charger on my desk, and I just place my S6 on the pad so the centers align. No issues with connectivity. Same for the PowerBot, which I use in my car. I just put the center of my S6 in the center of the PowerBot, and it connects and charges.

Amishtech

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I love the wireless charging. I never have an issue with it. I know its a slower charge but I typically only use it for overnight charging but thinking of getting another one for work. My phone just sits center on the pad which is made to be the same size as the phone. I purchased a Itian™ Qi Wireless Charger K8 for Samsung Galaxy S6. Purchased it on Amazon for $10 including Prime Shipping.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
+1 for the charger that Almeuit mentioned. I got the Duracell powermat and it was terrible, but it was so cheap. I got the CHOE and it works perfectly. Like he said, 3 coils, just drop it on and it starts charging. My only complaint is the charging light is too bright for me so I had to cover that so I could sleep better at night.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had an issue with my OEM charging pad. I have an Otterbox Defender case on it.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
The one I use has no issues. It has 3 coils and I just drop it on the pad... Always initiates the charge.

Edit - here is what I use.

CHOE Stadium Qi Wireless Charger 3-Coils Wide Charging Area Wireles... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JA7HNZO...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4392917

I bought two of these, one for home and one for work, and I have never had an issue with it. Just lay it on and it's good to go. I know there are cheaper ones out there, but I didn't want to the hassle of aligning my phone.

Nidwow

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought two of CHOE Stadium Qi Wireless Charger 3-Coils as well. 3 Coils is really nice. Lay and forget, woke up and I'm ready to roll.

I find that charging indicator kind of bright as well but there is not a black sharpie cannot fix :)

BTW, my S6 is wraparound with Otterbox Defender case, no issue here.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Ah yeah doesn't look good. I don't trust products on Amazon usually if they have no reviews .. Unless it is a company I know / trust and it is just a new product or something like that.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
My cheap $8 one I ordered from Amazon shipped from China works fine with my moto 360 but with my S6 it randomly disconnects or pauses when charging wireless. The pad is small so I'm sure the problem is more the charger than the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I bought two old (cheap) powermats and I have the stock samsung Qi charger. The powermats are junk by comparison; very sensitive to placement and the magnets do not assist. In addition, even a small thin case prevents those chargers from working at all. The samsung charger works fine, but it is finnicky on placement (until you know just where to put it),. but the raised platform if makes your phone sit on is pretty dumb. If I stumble into the nightstand at night and knock it off kilter half an inch, it will probably stop charging.

Looking at the good one linked here now :).

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using the Nokia dt-900 that I was using on my HTC DNA. It works perfectly with a Verus case with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Have anybody else had this problem with wireless charging? My Samsung pad works but it won't charge to 100%. Anyone else?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Have anybody else had this problem with wireless charging? My Samsung pad works but it won't charge to 100%. Anyone else?

The one I linked previously charges me to 100%. Not sure why the Samsung one wouldn't.

brushrop03

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I figured, was just trying to get a feel for the difference.

If you can do 50% in 30 mins with quick charge, about how long do you think it'll take using wireless charging.

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
The CHOE hopes to 100%? Thanks! I have a couple of their chargers and one for my car. They do work with the fast adaptive charging. I'm guessing that the wireless charging doesn't do fast charging.