Configure Email Client

Zolotoy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
What email client am I getting into when I click on an icon that says Email and has a number next to it?
If that is Gmail then why it opens up with all emails in a bold font like I did not read all these emails? If that's is a stock email client how can I remove my account from there without affecting email notifications?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Gmail will be the Gmail icon:

Gmail-icon.png
If you never use the stock Email app, then disable it. Go to the App Manager, select Email, and Disable (or Turn Off). If you don't want to disable it and just want to remove your Gmail account from the Email app, then open the Email app, tap Menu>Settings, select the Gmail account, and remove it. It should only remove that Gmail from the Email app, not from the whole phone.

Zolotoy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Can please have a look at:
<why it opens up with all emails in a bold font like I did not read all these emails?
Also, is it possible to do other way around? Remove Gmail client and use stock?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about that question. If you read the emails on the Gmail app but not on the stock Email app, then maybe that's why they're bolded on the stock Email app.

You can disable the Gmail app the same way I suggested disabling the stock Email app.

Zolotoy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I removed the one that opens when we click on Mail icon on the start screen (the one with number). Now, when I go to Sounds and Notifications to silent new emails I dont have email account under Ringtones and sounds. So, how can I have no sound when new email comes in?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not having an S6, I'm not really sure which one has the unread mail badge, but I'm assuming it's the stock Email app, right? When you say you removed it, do you mean you Disabled it in the App Manager?

If the Email app is disabled, then all you have to do now is to turn off notifications for the Gmail app. Open Gmail, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>[your Gmail account], and uncheck Notifications.