ATT Enhanced 4G LTE Services

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if turning this on will drain my battery any more or should i leave it off?

I would like to know this as well. I've had mine off from day 1 with the phone, thus I cannot say one way or the other. but I get really good battery life right now.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I think that's one of the recommended things to turn off if you are having battery woes. I just turned mine off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've turned off that setting based on some battery-saving recommendations from some postings. So far, it does seem to help.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The setting is under Data Usage->Mobile Data->Enhanced 4g LTE Service. I believe it has to do with HD voice.

lucas.scott

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
For me, it was a tremendous battery saver.

Cell Standby was close to 30% before disabling that option. Cell standby doesn't even show on the list now.

kyle.brown

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
See i thought it would be the cause also but at the same time i turned off the wifi-scanning so i am not to sure if it was that or the Advanced LTE services.

swamie07

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I guess I am late to the party since all the other post about this are over a year old. But I wanted to let anyone else know that I had terrible battery life lately, and as you said "Cell Standby was up about 25%. Purchased new battery and deleted a few apps that I really liked, then checked and found "Enhanced 4g LTE Service." was checked or turned on. I turned it off and it is now doing much better and even charges faster. just went 10 hrs off charge overnight and only down to 75%. Now that I think about it I kind of remember turning "Enhanced 4g LTE Service." on a few weeks ago while chasing a data roaming problem with at&t Customer Service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel