Still having problems with Bluetooth!

mrgiven

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
So my S6 wouldn't maintain connection with any of my bluetooth devices. This is two vehicles and three headsets. The headsets are a Plantronics Voyager Edge, Jawbone Icon & Jawbone Era (new one). They would all randomly drop connection and sometimes wouldn't reconnect. I experienced garbled audio on the headsets if connectivity was actually maintained.

I took that first phone back within the 14 days and they replaced it as doa. My new s6 worked like a champ for 2-3 days but it too is doing the exact same things. On a phone call today for the first 5 minutes my work truck was disconnected and reconnected 4 times! I then used my Jawbone Era which didn't have the best audio but at least it stayed connected.

I'll do the "wipe cache partition" and it'll be fine for a day maybe a day and a half; but it always comes back.

I thought it was a hardware issue on the first phone when the second phone worked well the first couple of days but now I'm pretty sure it's just software and probably more dang bugs from lollipop!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm stuck with this darn thing now cuz my 14 days has come and gone. When is the lollipop update going to be available? I'm on Verizon.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Keep returning the phones and when you get near the 2 week period, ask the manager to extend the time for you, since they haven't yet given you a working phone, and the 15 day period should start when you get one. (Not being able to supply you with an advertised phone is deceptive advertising, illegal and grounds for you to claim [successfully, if they push it] that they terminated he contract - so you can walk with no penalty. Since you use the phone for business, you might even be able to sue them for lost income.)

The reason nonsense like this happens is that people are basically sheep. If Verizon says that all you can do is bring the phone back for an exchange for 15 days, then you're stuck with refurbs, people accept it. If you claim your rights, they know they don't even have a stump to stand on, and they'll give you what you're legally entitled to. (Don't ask for a free phone to compensate you for your trouble - that's not reasonable. A 15 day exchange warranty from the day you get a working phone is.)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
So my S6 wouldn't maintain connection with any of my bluetooth devices. This is two vehicles and three headsets. The headsets are a Plantronics Voyager Edge, Jawbone Icon & Jawbone Era (new one). They would all randomly drop connection and sometimes wouldn't reconnect. I experienced garbled audio on the headsets if connectivity was actually maintained.

I took that first phone back within the 14 days and they replaced it as doa. My new s6 worked like a champ for 2-3 days but it too is doing the exact same things. On a phone call today for the first 5 minutes my work truck was disconnected and reconnected 4 times! I then used my Jawbone Era which didn't have the best audio but at least it stayed connected.

I'll do the "wipe cache partition" and it'll be fine for a day maybe a day and a half; but it always comes back.

I thought it was a hardware issue on the first phone when the second phone worked well the first couple of days but now I'm pretty sure it's just software and probably more dang bugs from lollipop!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm stuck with this darn thing now cuz my 14 days has come and gone. When is the lollipop update going to be available? I'm on Verizon.

Since your 14 day window has expired, any luck with VZW tech support.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a sport watch/smart watch that is connected to the S6 24/7 and I've only had mild issues with a dropped connection here and there. However once the connection drops it is a supreme pain in the rear to get it to pair back up.

Outside of a master reset or a new phone I'm not sure there is much to do. As someone who works with Bluetooth everyday and has spent a lot of time doing Bluetooth compatibility testing I have seen that usually Samsung has some pretty solid Bluetooth chip sets and programming. The S6 seems to have an issue here or there with BT though.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante