How can I locate my Galaxy 6?

fixthat

May 1, 2015
Visit site
How to locate Galaxy 6

I am attempting to use android device manager web page to locate my phones, and it finds my old Razr just fine but only finds my new S6 when the device is awake. If the phone has gone back to sleep from non-use the location cannot be found. Location History shows me driving across town just fine, even though the phone is on standby on my belt for the trip. It does not show my new galaxy tab 4 either. How do we get this to work in real time when the phone is not in actual use?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to locate Galaxy 6

Welcome to Android Central! You have your mobile data on all the time, right?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I don't have that issue with my S6. I just type in "find my phone" in the search bar of the Google Chrome browser on my desktop and it shows a map where my phone is (within 60 ft). My phone is on but the screen is locked. I'm on WiFi at home, and my Google Locations setting is set to WiFi and cellular (no GPS).

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I am attempting to use android device manager web page to locate my phones, and it finds my old Razr just fine but only finds my new S6 when the device is awake. If the phone has gone back to sleep from non-use the location cannot be found. Location History shows me driving across town just fine, even though the phone is on standby on my belt for the trip. It does not show my new galaxy tab 4 either. How do we get this to work in real time when the phone is not in actual use?

Try the Find My Mobile option in the Security Settings, it's Samsung's own service and it's like Android device Manager on Steroids.

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

Try the Find My Mobile option in the Security Settings, it's Samsung's own service and it's like Android device Manager on Steroids.

It's ran out of steroids for my device. It cannot find the device at alI, regardless of remote controls, etc on. Samsung are going to take over 20 days to fix the problem with their service.

You might need to check that the service is available in your country.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

It's ran out of steroids for my device. It cannot find the device at alI, regardless of remote controls, etc on. Samsung are going to take over 20 days to fix the problem with their service.

You might need to check that the service is available in your country.

Well, I just tried mine and it located mine without any issues, plus all the other features and services were available.

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

Well, I just tried mine and it located mine without any issues, plus all the other features and services were available.

Glad it's working for you. Knox locator works as a not completely working workaround, as it shows location from 5 hours ago.