AT&T S6 Poor LTE

Knxwledge

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Ive had my phone for a couple of days now and I just noticed that the max I could get out of this phone is 3 bars. Thats with LTE.

Should I exchange it for a new one?
Ive never had this issue with my old phone which was an iPhone5.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Your iPhone and Galaxy are going to show different bars. Technically each phone can show different bars because it depends on how that phone is programmed. Some are more forgiving and show more bars for the same signal that another phone shows less. I wouldn't worry about it honestly if the phone is functioning fine.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ive had my phone for a couple of days now and I just noticed that the max I could get out of this phone is 3 bars. Thats with LTE.

Depends upon your coverage area in terms of signal strength. I am on AT&T and getting five bars at restaurant a mile from my house.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Call AT&T tech support. They can remote into your phone and see what is happening.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
They're calibrated differently. One bar on your S6 is not going to be the same as one dot on your iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD