120% screen brightness

zjwilliams

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that while at 100% screen brightness with auto off, I can get more by standing in direct sunlight (it works, try it). Almost as if there is a locked 20% that is only used in direct sunlight. Is there a way I can enable this all the time? It would be really beneficial for my job, battery life be dammed.

Posted via the Android Central App

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
It only does that if you have the screen brightness maxed out already. If you turn brightness down just a little from full it won't to it anymore. So unless you have your brightness on full or auto I don't think there is a way to make that work all the time

zjwilliams

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Dang, because I work outside and the second it catches the shadow of a cloud, or my shadow it dims again. Rooting might be my only option then, even though I really don't want to.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that while at 100% screen brightness with auto off, I can get more by standing in direct sunlight (it works, try it). Almost as if there is a locked 20% that is only used in direct sunlight. Is there a way I can enable this all the time? It would be really beneficial for my job, battery life be dammed.

This is correct. Only auto can put it at the absolute fullest (usually when you're in direct sunlight).