private mode password

mally29

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I have only had my samsung for a week. I am an iphone convert. In getting to know my phone I set up a pw for the private mode. I moved a few photos into the private folder and when the phone shut off private mode did as well. Now I cannot remember my password and there is no fingerprint backup.
Samsung supports response was sorry. Keep trying paswords.
I realize I should have written it down, but I was slightly overwhelmed moving to android.

There has to be a way to retrieve . I can't believe samsung developers didnt think of that.
Help anyone?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have only had my samsung for a week. I am an iphone convert. In getting to know my phone I set up a pw for the private mode. I moved a few photos into the private folder and when the phone shut off private mode did as well. Now I cannot remember my password and there is no fingerprint backup.
I realize I should have written it down, but I was slightly overwhelmed moving to android.

There has to be a way to retrieve . I can't believe samsung developers didnt think of that.
Help anyone?

It doesn't really looks good for you, once you activates the private mode it uses your Fingerprint and/or Backup Password, if you haven't set your fingerprint, I'd suggest to try that, just to see if by any chance after you set that it allows you to use your Fingerprint to open your Private mode. Again, just guessing here as I don't think it will be that easy. Also, before trying the above go to Applications Manager and in the All Tab look for the private Mode App and see if you can Clear Cache and Data.

But I don't think that Samsung is to blame here, remember, Private mode means that you don't want anybody to enter to that area other than you, so looking for an alternate route to that means that Samsung should had left open a Backdoor to enter, meaning that anybody that knows about that can defy the original intentions and the meaning of that. Then people will complain on the lack of security, if you know what I mean...

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear you forgot your password.

I have a different question about the private mode - Is there a way to have the backup password for private mode different than the lock screen password? My kids know my password so they can play a game on my phone, but may not want them to access other information on the phone.

Tiny Burton

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
So you've secured your files/photos using private mode and then forgotten your password...

Private mode is pretty cool, it doesn't just hide those files nicely it actually encrypts the data (as first thought).

Private mode is basically a stripped down version of Knox without the protected application environment. This makes it easy to move selected files into it and also let any app access them rather than restrictions Knox approved apps only.

The way out?
Move the encrypted private folder/s to an external*SD card and they'll show up as unencrypted!

That's because the encryption is on the*container...*not on the files. It's that easy!

Posted via the Android Central App

yve234

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, but I can not find the encrypted private folder/s on the SD card. I can only find the unencryted folder/s.:'(
Please tell me where I can find the encrypted folder/s.

Jo Uwaka

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site

Help anyone?

Buy a new one... I guess they are protecting their customers.... someone that stole a phone can equally disguise as a good guy and try to open the phone

BossWitch

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site

Help anyone?

If you go to your settings, then applications, click on Internet. Go to privacy tab. Secret mode. It'll prompt you for your password. Put it in a bunch of times until it says wait 30 seconds. A reset button will appear. You can then reset your password, but you will lose all tabs in secret mode. Which is not a big deal, for me at least.

bunny198

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
So you've secured your files/photos using private mode and then forgotten your password...

Private mode is pretty cool, it doesn't just hide those files nicely it actually encrypts the data (as first thought).

Private mode is basically a stripped down version of Knox without the protected application environment. This makes it easy to move selected files into it and also let any app access them rather than restrictions Knox approved apps only.

The way out?
Move the encrypted private folder/s to an external*SD card and they'll show up as unencrypted!

That's because the encryption is on the*container...*not on the files. It's that easy!

Hello Burton, I am stuck I put my important files in private folder and forgot my password, hope you can help me !
can you please guide me a bit on how to find those encrypted folders and move them onto external memory ?

fahad4cs

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
Go to Apps Manager in settings

Swipe left until your at "All" apps

Go down to > Fingerprints

> Clear Cache,
> Clear data,
> Clear defaults, then
> Force Stop
"you may get a message saying all accounts, contents, etc. will be deleted it click okay"

Go to Finger Scanner in settings

Register or re-register your Fingerprint and you can change your backup password

This works for me

Myemmadoodle

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
I get to where I am locked out and when I tap the keyboard, I'm not able to put anything in... Keyboard doesn't work... I know my back up pin too but my keyboard won't let me type anything. Any ideas?

ldwnjy1

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site

The way out?

I have the same problem (password not working), I tried the solution suggested but without private mode on the "private" folder isn't viable. Any other suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude