I miss the S6

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought my S6 (non-edge) 64gb sapphire in store on release day. Kept it just about a week and ended up returning it for various reasons. Mainly issues with battery and having a hard time adjusting from my iPhone 6 Plus.

A few weeks later I must say, I miss my S6! I really miss the camera and the double click to launch. I missed a few good pictures of my son this weekend because it takes awhile to open the camera on my iPhone. I miss the exceptional screen and form factor (smaller than my 6 Plus). I miss the glass build of the S6.

You were all right! I should have waited and not returned it but I was worried about the 14 day thing. I originally considered trying out the LG G4 but I feel the S6 is the better device.

I'm thinking about jumping back in and possibly getting the S6 Edge or maybe the regular S6 when they receive 5.1 I really believe 5.1 will address some of the issues I, and many others, were having.

I'm posting this to eat crow. This phone is magnificent and I want it again!

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought my S6 (non-edge) 64gb sapphire in store on release day. Kept it just about a week and ended up returning it for various reasons. Mainly issues with battery and having a hard time adjusting from my iPhone 6 Plus.

A few weeks later I must say, I miss my S6! I really miss the camera and the double click to launch. I missed a few good pictures of my son this weekend because it takes awhile to open the camera on my iPhone. I miss the exceptional screen and form factor (smaller than my 6 Plus). I miss the glass build of the S6.

You were all right! I should have waited and not returned it but I was worried about the 14 day thing. I originally considered trying out the LG G4 but I feel the S6 is the better device.

I'm thinking about jumping back in and possibly getting the S6 Edge or maybe the regular S6 when they receive 5.1 I really believe 5.1 will address some of the issues I, and many others, were having.

Sorry to hear you miss the S6. I am really loving mine :) My fiancee bought the iPhone 6 around the same time I bought my S6 and aside from Facetime and a few games, I'm SOOOOO glad I got the S6. Screen resolution, camera, 4K video, etc... Like you, I was on the fence but glad I didn't slip into Apple's backyard.

J

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Grab your favorite adult beverage and buy it again.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Loving this phone to. I almost took it back because I was having a hard time adjusting to the smaller keyboard (than my Note 3), but I really like this size, form factor and premium build. Oh and I can't say enough good things about the camera. It's world's better than my Note 3 's, not even close.

As good as the iPhone is (and it is) I just prefer android and the S6 is a fantastic device. I hope you're able to come back :)

Posted via the Android Central App

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm on my second s6 and the battery is as bad as my first. So torn because I really do love this phone. I am hoping that 5.1 helps but i can't take the risk.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I look at it like this. For myself the camera is #1. Right behind that is that the S6 is a small phone that fits good in the hand. The battery isn't bad but its not great, yes people here will tell you other wise but the S6 battery is pretty much on par with the iPhone 6 and that's not bad. Also there is nothing on the horizon that's going to compete with the S6 at least until the fall so why not?....those are my reasons. Get rid of TW and install Nova or Action and you have a great phone that will probably be the best option for 4-6 months. Trashing TW is a big part of it.
I'm on my second s6 and the battery is as bad as my first. So torn because I really do love this phone. I am hoping that 5.1 helps but i can't take the risk.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I look at it like this. For myself the camera is #1. Right behind that is that the S6 is a small phone that fits good in the hand. The battery isn't bad but its not great, yes people here will tell you other wise but the S6 battery is pretty much on par with the iPhone 6 and that's not bad. Also there is nothing on the horizon that's going to compete with the S6 at least until the fall so why not?....those are my reasons. Get rid of TW and install Nova or Action and you have a great phone that will probably be the best option for 4-6 months. Trashing TW is a big part of it.

Well my S6 battery is better than my wife's iPhone 6, fwiw. Granted she literally takes zero steps to optimize things nor does she care as long as it does what she wants lol.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

very seldom do I get android phones at launch. I just don't like dealing with unexpected issues, and trust real world reviews over online test reviews with pre released software ... IMO the S6 is better than iPhone almost in every category. to me iPhone is just super boring and I couldn't imagine using one for 2 years+

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I hear ya! I went with Nova straight away, always do. Whats so frustrating is the stand bye battery drain. I can literally not touch the phone and it still looses 3-4% an hour. Then, when I actually use the phone, its 6-7% per hour. I travel a ton, for me, SOT for me is not the most important stat. Stand by time is. My Z3C loses 1-2% an hour with standby and then 3-4% with heavy usage. Its the difference between being dead at 7-8 PM or having 30-40% left.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I have an iPhone 6 and for me anyway my S6 does about the same. Could go either way but its that close for me. I was really wanting the M9 until......well you know. Boy they (HTC) were positioned to take it all from Sammy but they failed miserably. I never thought that I would get another Sammy but they seem to have nailed it with the S6. Although if I couldn't install Nova on the S6 I wouldn't own it.
Well my S6 battery is better than my wife's iPhone 6, fwiw. Granted she literally takes zero steps to optimize things nor does she care as long as it does what she wants lol.

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have the iPhone 6. My 6 edge gets better battery life then my 6 does by far. The first clue of days it was horrible but I since disabled all the verizon bloat. All the amazon bloat. And some of the Google apps I don't use like newstand books and Google plus. Now my battery life is fantastic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay