Samsung s6 completely died

shawnat79

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for posting the soft reset, and how to do this. My phone which I carry over 2000 pictures on just all of the sudden died or something last night. And I had just picked it up 5 minutes prior to check the time. This has never happened before. I am so happy this method worked and in less than 10 seconds my phone turned on again!

kharismagita

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
It happened to me just now... I wanted to check my roster and suddenly n went off,, just black,,, I tried to charge it but nothing happen.. I just had this phone for 2 months, from the official Samsung centre.... Just moved on from my iPhone 6 n this is what I got.. Now... my phone just turned blue screen, with the detail ODIN MODE, PRODUCT NAME, CURRENT BINARY, SYSTEM STATUS, REACTIVATION LOCK, SECURE DOWNLAD, KNOX WARANTY VOID, RP SWREV.....

N there is a symbol of Downloading ... saying it is downloading n Do not turn off target..

Completely confused!!!!

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading all these messages with interest.
I have s5 and was wondering what to do with phone with non removable battery if phone freezes up and buttons don't work.
Hate that Samsung has followed iPhone is making there phones with non removable batteries.
I'm wanting new s7, it also has nom removable battery.
With my luck, I wouldn't have a problem till warrenty was up.:)

Posted from Android Central

supernuzzles001

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
My galaxy just did the same thing! It also keeps resetting itself at random times. The battery percentage will be almost completely charged and just die on me. Overtime this happens, I can't get it to work for at least 4-8 hours after. The last time it happened, I was using an app and the screen froze and made a loud beep noise with a weird line through the middle of the screen. I am taking it in today to get it checked out.

p04mcguire

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks big time for the tip on a soft reset. My Samsung Galaxy did the same thing...just completely died, however, holding the down volume and power button, brought it back to life. Appreciated

Terry Rickard

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
You probably did the right thing by ordering a replacement. But for grins, try to press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for more than 10 seconds until the phone turns off and/or if there is any response at all.. This will “soft reset” the phone and it is effective when it comes to minor firmware and hardware glitches. I really don’t know what happened to the phone but there are always units that have problems out of the box.

Posted via the Android Central App
Thanks a million for that tip. Worked perfectly. Terry in Ireland

mixujanke

May 5, 2016
Visit site
You probably did the right thing by ordering a replacement. But for grins, try to press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for more than 10 seconds until the phone turns off and/or if there is any response at all.. This will “soft reset” the phone and it is effective when it comes to minor firmware and hardware glitches. I really don’t know what happened to the phone but there are always units that have problems out of the box.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thank you!!

Happened the same with mine, and your technique of pressing both buttons at the same time worked!
I LOVE YOU!

markid32

May 12, 2016
Visit site
you aren't alone on this .My S6 edge did exactly the same thing. I took mine back to Vodafone and after 35 minutes of trying to get it to work they kept it and sent it away for repair. 3 days later I received a text message saying that my phone was being repaired

123456789v

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks!!! My phone died and I thought I was going to lose everything in my calendar, pictures, etc!!!
But I tried holding down the volume down button and power button for 10 seconds, and it worked!!!
What the heck?!!! That's crazy! I wonder why my phone did that? I'm super happy this worked! OMG. Thanks!

amaba_14

May 29, 2016
Visit site
please, i was charging my s6 edge last night
and the phone turned off, i've tried
everything but wont turn on. Please help

what is the model name of your phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

kevin021

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Thank for this great info. hahaha you saved me a lot of time. My s6 just died with 50% battery and I was like what happened. i charge it no signs of charging a RED LED should lit but nothing. Holding power button and lower volume for 10 seconds worked! Thank You!!!
:cool::cool::cool:

sogr8ful95

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I just woke up. Picked up my S6 Active and it's dead. No lights. No life. Plugged it in with two different chargers -- nothing. Looking at forums to figure out how to open it and see what's up? It is random. Nothing weird happened to it. Just gone.:p

You guys ROCK. I was phoneless. Definitely phoneless. Then I did the Volume Down and Power button and it came on!!!! OMG. I am so grateful. Thanks for the instructions. It's the Foundation Trilogy in our lifetime!

Last edited by a moderator:

verlaz

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
The same thing just happened to me. I left my s6 down and after a few minutes it was dead for no reason. I did as you said, press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons for more than 10 seconds and it worked. Thanks a lot for your help. The battery was 60% charged, I have my device just 3 months and it has never fallen down or anything else. So, why should this happen?

Last edited:

terryparrish50

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
My wife's s6 has done the same thing. But the fix doesn't work for us. The Samsung screen comes on, then the cspire screen and then a screen that says 14 of 14 apps optimizing showing two gears turning.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My wife's s6 has done the same thing. But the fix doesn't work for us. The Samsung screen comes on, then the cspire screen and then a screen that says 14 of 14 apps optimizing showing two gears turning.
You can try to boot into recovery and reset the phone. Now, you will lose anything saved on the phone when you do this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes